Location: Central Office, Leichhardt
Commencement Date: 27 January 2020 or negotiable
Closing Date: Wednesday 20th November
Sydney Catholic Schools (SCS) is seeking an experienced senior leader who believes passionately in our vision and purpose and can work and thrive in a multi-disciplinary environment.
The newly created position will have responsibility for driving the system-wide educational vision that transforms schools to thrive as centres of excellence as we continuously challenge the possibilities in a preschool to post education continuum.
The Director: Education and Research leads the development of the system-wide education strategy that strengthens thriving Catholic communities and excellence in teaching and learning. This is underpinned by research, innovation and technology where students can flourish in a safe and supportive learning environment. The position is critical for influencing opportunities for increased student engagement, achievement and wellbeing.
The role is an integral part of the Central Office leadership team in pursuit of the vision, mission and values of SCS. The Director will report to the Executive Director and is part of the Executive Leadership team of SCS.
- Strong commitment to the Catholic faith and SCS vision, mission and values;
- Senior leadership experience with a deep knowledge of contemporary learning and supporting technologies, combined with a vision for next-generation learning and teaching;
- The creativity and research skills to challenge the status quo, continually reimagine the possibilities in a pre-to-post learning continuum;
- The knowledge, experience and passion to lead transformation on a large scale;
- The agility and project management skills to deliver outcomes in an ever-changing educational environment;
- The communication, interpersonal and relational skills to work collaboratively as part of an executive team and influence a diverse range of internal stakeholders;
- Postgraduate qualifications in education combined with a track record of ongoing personal and professional learning.
Sydney Catholic Schools Limited is responsible for the leadership, efficient operation and management of 152 parish primary schools and regional secondary colleges in the Archdiocese of Sydney which educates approximately 70,000 students. The main focus of SCS is to provide support for schools and help to ensure that every student receives a high-quality Catholic education.
For further information about this position please contact Michael Hopkinson, Head: System Improvement, Sydney Catholic Schools on 9568 8640 or via email to email@example.com
Applications consisting of a cover letter outlining your merits for the role and your resume are to be sent to CCER at firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Applications will need to include Parish Priest contact details in order to be considered for shortlisting.
WORKING WITH CHILDREN CLEARANCE
This role is classified as child-related work and therefore a current working with children check (WWCC) is required.