Catholic schools are established by the Church to support parents with their responsibility for the faith formation of their children. To this end, the Executive Director of Sydney Catholic Schools invites applications for the following leadership position:
St John Vianney’s Primary School, Greenacre K-6 | 254 Students
Commencement Date: 28 January 2020
Closing Date: Monday 18 November 2019
St John Vianney’s, is a vibrant, highly multicultural school community, providing quality teaching and learning for boys and girls from Kindergarten to Year 6.
The school has a close relationship with the parish of St John Vianney and St Thomas More Greenacre. Together school and parish work to provide opportunities for all to learn centred on the teachings of Jesus Christ. The school has a close connection with the teachings and life of Australia’s first saint, Saint Mary of the Cross MacKillop, being founded by the Sisters of St Joseph in 1961.
Dedicated staff provide all students with engaging,contemporary, quality teaching and learning experiences. Students are provided with many opportunities to excel in all areas. St John Vianney Catholic Primary School works in close partnership with all families in catering for the diverse needs of students.
The vision of the school is “Believe, Persist, Achieve” with all members of the community focussed on giving their best efforts to all areas of their learning. Students strive to meet their full potential in all that they do.
The successful applicant will be a highly effective contemporary Catholic leader who is:
- An active and visible religious leader committed to the evangelising mission of the Church;
- Able to work in collaborative partnerships with leaders and teachers across K-12.
- Able to demonstrate proven ability to lead staff in responding to the diverse needs of learners through the use of data to inform learning;
- Able to develop and support authentic learning with an emphasis on collaborative practices;
- Able to demonstrate exceptional organisational and interpersonal skills;
- Able to demonstrate the ability to oversee whole school framework around student wellbeing for student learning outcomes;
- Able to demonstrate proven capacity to build a cohesive community for students, staff, parents and parish with strong links to the wider community within a diverse multi-cultural context.
You will also possess the following qualifications:
- Accreditation for Senior Leadership in a Catholic School (Category E), Accreditation to Work, Teach and Lead in systemic Catholic schools Archdiocese of Sydney
WORKING WITH CHILDREN CLEARANCE
This role is classified as a child related work and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us.