Southern Cross Vocational Catholic College, Burwood
Location: Southern Cross Vocational College, Burwood
Closing Date: 17 November 2019
Who we are?
Southern Cross Catholic Vocational College, Burwood (SCCVC) is a senior secondary college committed to high quality vocational learning and training provision, with 18 different vocational course offerings.
About the role
Reporting to the Principal, under supervision of General Manager, this role will provide support to the Senior Technical Manager in supervising, planning, organising and performing technical, inventory and production management for Performing Arts facilities within SCCVC. This role will be required to assist in the safe operation and maintenance of sound, lighting, rigging and related equipment and systems used in support of stage/event productions, meetings, rentals and related events.
What we Offer
- Competitive salary
- Great supportive team environment, with a constant learning focus
- Purposeful and value-driven work
Duties / Accountability
- Coordinating use of technical and facility items as required with priority on College productions and events to minimise facility conflicts
- Maintenance, organisation and functionality of all audio/video equipment that would be used in the various performance spaces to support the College and Sydney Catholic Schools Performing Arts Programs
- Maintaining safety and efficiency of all auditorium technical facilities, including safety and efficiency of equipment storage areas, prop storage areas, lighting and sound equipment
- Supervising and/or overseeing use of auditorium space and equipment by students, staff and facility Hirers
- Attending weekly production planning meetings
- Sourcing business development opportunities whilst marketing College facilities to maintain adherence to the budget targets
- Attending client meetings with Facilitators and Hirers to provide technical requirement recommendations on Musicals, Theatre Productions, Conferences and workshops
- Reporting individual work schedule for review and approval
- Are you a creative self-starter?
- Do you like being part of a collaborative team of professionals?
Applicants must formalise their application by submitting a completed SCS Application Form, resume and a covering letter addressing the criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org
Working with Children’s Check
This role is classified as a child related work and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us. Click Here
Celebrating Being Catholic in Australia
Ensuring Quality Teaching and Learning
Making a Difference in our World