Closing Date: 24 November 2019
Commencing: 28 January 2020
Conditions: Temporary / Secondment
Who we are?
Sydney Catholic Schools (SCS) is responsible for the leadership of 152 Catholic primary and secondary schools across the Archdiocese of Sydney, which educates over 70,000 students.
About the role
This is a 12-month temporary full-time position. We are currently seeking a SIS Specialist to work closely with, develop, train and support staff in Sydney Catholic Secondary Schools to successfully support the implementation and ongoing operation of the Compass Student Information System (SIS) as part of the ONCE Project. The role will work mainly with Secondary Schools and SCS Offices according to the ONCE project plan.
What we Offer
- Competitive salary, including NFP salary packaging and super
- Great supportive team environment, with a constant learning focus
- Purposeful and value-driven work
- Tertiary qualifications in Education, Technology or a related discipline
- Experience in a leadership and/or coordinator role within a Secondary School
- Experience with the implementation and/or ongoing operation of a Student Information System in a Secondary school (Compass, Sentral or others)
- Experience in designing, developing and leading teacher professional development activities
- Previous involvement in change programs, with an ability to support rapid change and hold a steady course in an ever changing environment
- Strong communication skills with the ability to influence and collaborate with stakeholders across organisational boundaries
- Thrives in a flexible, agile and innovative work environment
- NESA accreditation at the Highly Accomplished/Lead level or on the pathway to this accreditation
- Postgraduate qualifications (Master’s Degree or higher) in education or related disciplines
- A strong understanding of SCS Sydney’s Authentic Learning and Authentic Assessment agendas
- Knowledge of and experience with secondary school timetabling software (Edval or Timetabling Solutions preferred)
- Experience working in project teams
- Strong ICT and eLearning skills
- Knowledge of and experience with Learning Management Systems, electronic student reporting systems, electronic Parent Portals or other school administration solutions
- Success delivering ICT, change management and/or knowledge management projects
- Experience working with SAS (legacy SCS School Administration System)
Success in this role looks like
- Develop in-depth knowledge of and expertise in the Compass Student Information System
- Support and training for 23 Compass Secondary schools who are operating Compass in a business-as-usual fashion, focussing on specialised areas such as reporting, assessment, attendance, timetabling and other high need areas
- Provide support for 15 Secondary schools implementing Compass during 2020
- Develop knowledge and expertise in existing and legacy information systems currently used in Schools (e.g. SAS, Sentral, SEQTA and others)
- Assist with diocese and school standards & configurations for the Compass Student Information System and related systems within the ONCE Project (includes CI-Anywhere FMS, CED3, ServiceNow, etc.)
- Develop professional development and training approaches as well as training guides and other support materials
- Assist the SCS ONCE project team to develop implementation and resourcing schedules
- Analysis and documentation of processes and procedures relevant to the implementation of Compass in SCS schools
- Are you a creative self-starter?
- Do you have a drive for learning and self-development?
- Do you like being part of a collaborative team of professionals?
Please find the link for the candidate application gateway for you to access to complete your application and be considered for this opportunity: Apply Here. For more information on the ONCE Project please visit the ONCE Project portal or contact Greg Basford on 9568 8216 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Working with Children’s Check
This role is classified as a child related work and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us. Click Here
Celebrating Being Catholic in Australia
Ensuring Quality Teaching and Learning
Making a Difference in our World