To this end, the Executive Director of Sydney Catholic Schools invites applications for the following Leadership position, from suitably qualified and committed catholic men and women. Applicants should have a strong desire and a well-developed capacity to take forward the evangelising mission of catholic schools in the Archdiocese of Sydney and to ensure high quality education to maximise learning outcomes for all students.
St Anne’s Catholic Primary School, Strathfield South – K-6 – 106
Commencement Date: 28 January 2020
Closing Date: 12 November 2019
St Anne’s Catholic Primary School Strathfield South is a single-stream, co-educational school catering for students from Kindergarten to Year 6. The school is located in the Inner West Region of Sydney, an area with a rich cultural heritage. We take pride in catering for a diverse range of learning styles and needs with high expectations of all learners.
Our small, dedicated and caring community here on St. Anne’s Square is always working hard in order to reflect our motto “Love of God and People” through constant support and collaboration between the school, parish and community.
The Assistant Principal plays an integral part of the school leadership team and supports the Principal in modelling faith action and in delivering strategic school goals through day-to-day mentoring/management of school staff, communications, processes, systems, safety and security and well-being of students.
To be considered for this role, you must demonstrate proven experience in:
- Modelling and leadership of highly effective classroom practice.
- Developing and maintaining effective strategies for high quality induction, professional learning and performance review and monitoring.
- Creating a Catholic learning culture of shared responsibility focused on quality teaching and quality learning for all students.
- Strategic thinking in managing and leading change and improvement within the school and its community.
- Creating a culture of inclusion and hospitality by initiating relevant opportunities to engage with parents, care-givers and Church to build and maintain effective partnerships.
You will also possess the following qualifications:
- Post graduate study in Leadership
- Accreditation for Senior Leadership in a Catholic School (Category E), Accreditation to Work, Teach and Lead in systemic Catholic schools Archdiocese of Sydney
WORKING WITH CHILDREN CLEARANCE
This role is classified as a child related work and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us.
Celebrating Being Catholic in Australia
Ensuring Quality Teaching and Learning
Making a Difference in our World