Catholic schools are established by the Church to support parents in their responsibility of Faith formation for their children.
To this end, the Executive Director of Sydney Catholic Schools invites applications for the following Leadership position, from suitably qualified and committed catholic men and women. Applicants should have a strong desire and a well-developed capacity to take forward the evangelising mission of catholic schools in the Archdiocese of Sydney and to ensure high quality education to maximise learning outcomes for all students:
Holy Innocents Primary School Croydon –K-6 164
Commencement Date: 28 January 2020
Closing Date: 18 October 2019
Holy Innocents is a co-educational primary school in the inner Western Region. The motto, To Love, To Lead, To Shine underpins the school’s mission to nurture the students in faith and as life long learners. The schools culture supports and promotes teachers and students who learn together in an effort to bring new ideas and new opportunities to Holy Innocents’. An Arrowsmith class is located on site and is integrated into the life and learning of the community.
The Assistant Principal plays an integral part of the school leadership team and supports the Principal in modelling faith action and in delivering strategic school goals through day-to-day mentoring/management of school staff, communications, processes, systems, safety and security and well-being of students. The Assistant Principal will be a strong, contemporary leader of learning with the capacity to lead change and demonstrate contemporary pedagogy with a focus on improving student learning.
To be considered for this role, you will be able to demonstrate that you are an effective leader who:
- Contributes to the Catholic life and culture of the school community
- Builds a learning culture of shared responsibility for quality teaching and student learning growth, informed by data
- Works collaboratively and communicates effectively with all stakeholders
- Is a highly effective contemporary educator and practitioner
- Plans and acts strategically to lead school improvement initiatives
- Is able to lead professional learning which cultivates ongoing reflection, growth and improvement
- Demonstrates an understanding of and ability to support the programs and provisions for students with diverse needs including students with disability and the gifted learner.
- Works in partnership with parents, caregivers and the parish to promote faith and learning
You will also possess the following qualifications:
- Accreditation for Senior Leadership in a Catholic School (Category E), Accreditation to Work, Teach and Lead in systemic Catholic schools Archdiocese of Sydney
WORKING WITH CHILDREN CLEARANCE
This role is classified as a child related work and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us