Catholic schools are established by the Church to support parents with their responsibility for the faith formation of their children. To this end, the Executive Director of Sydney Catholic Schools invites applications for the following leadership position:
Christ the King Primary School, BASS HILL K-6 | 201 Students
Commencement Date: 28 January 2020
Closing Date: Friday 18 October 2019
Our small Catholic school is embedded within the vibrant, dynamic Parish of Bass Hill. I share the leadership of this school with our Pastor, Fr Dinesh Macwan, the leadership team, and the teaching staff who play an integral part in the leadership of our school and have a key role in policy and program formation and evaluation.
It is our privilege to work in partnership with families to develop the faith of our children and to assist them in achieving their full potential.
Christ the King Catholic Primary School offers a rich and varied curriculum, with our teaching staff embracing twenty-first century teaching pedagogy.
Our school is a place that is continually adapting to the changing needs of our youth and their world. It is a place where all students can discover who they are and develop the self-confidence to take on new challenges in a caring and nurturing environment.
The school is characterised by a positive nurturing learning environment that strives for excellence in all facets of education and fosters the confidence, self-worth and integrity of each child. Our school is highly regarded by the local community.
The successful candidate for this position will be a highly effective Catholic leader who
- has completed or has evidence of study toward a Graduate Diploma or Master of Religious Education/Theology
- has Category E Accreditation in accordance with To Work, Teach and Lead in systemic Catholic schools Archdiocese of Sydney Accreditation
- demonstrates the standard descriptors at Lead Teacher Level in accordance with the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers
- is a committed Catholic who understands the evangelising mission of the Catholic school
- is a leader of Catholic identity and mission at a school and system level
- is committed to working closely with the Priests and the parish community
- can lead liturgical planning and celebration
- is able to lead Religious Education in all aspects of curriculum development and implementation
- is a strong, contemporary leader of learning with the capacity to lead change and demonstrate contemporary pedagogy with a focus on improving student learning
- is a person who can communicate effectively with a variety of stakeholders and build relationships
- can analyse and use data for future planning and to inform learning
- has an understanding of and ability to differentiate curriculum
- has the ability to work collaboratively across all stages
- is adaptable in working within a ‘shared leadership’ model.
Potential applicants should register their interest by completing the REC Application Package and return via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Celebrating Being Catholic in Australia
Ensuring Quality Teaching and Learning
Making a Difference in our World