Sydney Catholic Schools is responsible for the leadership, efficient operation and management of the systemic schools which educate around 71,000 students in 152 parish primary and regional secondary schools in the Archdiocese of Sydney.
MARCELLIN COLLEGE RANDWICK | 7-12 | 970 Students
Commencement Date: JANUARY 2020
Closing Date: 21 October 2019
The charism of St Marcellin Champagnat is a gift of the Holy Spirit to the Church, for the mission of the Church. In the two centuries since St Marcellin began Marist education, many people have been attracted to his Marist way of receiving and promoting the gospel of Jesus. A spiritual family has grown up, a movement of people, and a distinctive educational style. Marcellin College is part of that tradition and provides an outstanding contemporary education that is centred on the following:
- Mutually respectful relationships
- A structured, disciplined and ordered environment
- Active teaching for active learners
The Assistant Principal plays an integral part of the school leadership team and supports the Principal in modelling faith action and in delivering strategic school goals through day-to-day mentoring/management of school staff, communications, processes, systems, safety and security and well-being of students.
To be considered for this role, you must demonstrate proven experience in:
- Developing and maintaining effective strategies for high quality induction, professional learning and performance review and monitoring
- Creating a Catholic learning culture of shared responsibility focused on quality teaching and quality learning for all students
Successful Instructional Leadership of learning
- Strategic thinking in managing and leading change and improvement within the school and its community
- Creates a culture of inclusion and hospitality by initiating relevant opportunities to engage with parents, caregivers and Church to build and maintain effective partnerships
You will also possess the following qualifications:
- Post graduate study in Leadership
- Accreditation for Senior Leadership in a Catholic School (Category E), Accreditation to Work, Teach and Lead in systemic Catholic schools Archdiocese of Sydney
Applicants are required to fill out the Assistant Principal Application Package along with related documents and return it via email to email@example.com.
WORKING WITH CHILDREN CLEARANCE
This role is classified as a child related work and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us.