Catholic schools are established by the Church to support parents with their responsibility for the faith formation of their children. To this end, the Executive Director of Sydney Catholic Schools invites applications for the following leadership position:
Our Lady Star of the Sea, MIRANDA, | K-6 | 444 Students
Commencement Date: 27 January 2020
Closing Date: Wednesday 23 October 2019
Our Lady Star of the Sea Primary School aims to facilitate each child’s learning and development in the context of a warm Catholic environment. The children are provided with a supportive climate in which to grow as individuals and as members of the school community. The school is committed to providing quality teaching and learning opportunities. There is a strong commitment to respect and partnership between all members of the community.
Our Lady Star of the Sea Primary School is a two-stream primary school situated within the Sutherland Shire in the Southern Region of the Archdiocese of Sydney. The school caters for boys and girls from Kindergarten to Year 6.
The successful candidate for this position will be a highly effective Catholic leader who
- has completed or has evidence of study toward a Graduate Diploma or Master of Religious Education/Theology
- has Category E Accreditation in accordance with To Work, Teach and Lead in systemic Catholic schools Archdiocese of Sydney Accreditation
- demonstrates the standard descriptors at Lead Teacher Level in accordance with the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers
- is a committed Catholic who understands the evangelising mission of the Catholic school
- is a leader of Catholic identity and mission at a school and system level
- is committed to working closely with the Priests and the parish community
- can lead liturgical planning and celebration
- is able to lead Religious Education in all aspects of curriculum development and implementation
- is a strong, contemporary leader of learning with the capacity to lead change and demonstrate contemporary pedagogy with a focus on improving student learning
- is a person who can communicate effectively with a variety of stakeholders and build relationships
- can analyse and use data for future planning and to inform learning
- has an understanding of and ability to differentiate curriculum
- has the ability to work collaboratively across all stages
- is adaptable in working within a ‘shared leadership’ model.
Potential applicants should register their interest by completing the REC Application Package and return via email to email@example.com.
Celebrating Being Catholic in Australia
Ensuring Quality Teaching and Learning
Making a Difference in our World