Catholic schools are established by the Church to support parents with their responsibility for the faith formation of their children. To this end, the Executive Director of Sydney Catholic Schools invites applications for the following leadership position:
St Catherine Laboure Primary School, Gymea, K-6 | 560 Students
Commencement Date: 28 January 2020
End Date: 27 January 2021
Closing Date: Wednesday 23 October 2019
St Catherine Labouré is a co-educational three-stream Catholic primary school located in Gymea. The school is an integral part of St Catherine Labouré Parish.
At St Catherine Labouré we are committed to working in partnership with parents to educate our students in the Catholic faith, develop a spirit of Christian community where all belong, provide high quality education programs, empower students to reach their potential and affirm the dignity, self esteem and integrity of each person to inspire hope and a positive vision for the future.
The successful candidate for this position will be a highly effective Catholic leader who
- has completed or has evidence of study toward a Graduate Diploma or Master of Religious Education/Theology
- has Category E Accreditation in accordance with To Work, Teach and Lead in systemic Catholic schools Archdiocese of Sydney Accreditation
- demonstrates the standard descriptors at Lead Teacher Level in accordance with the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers
- is a committed Catholic who understands the evangelising mission of the Catholic school
- is a leader of Catholic identity and mission at a school and system level
- is committed to working closely with the Priests and the parish community
- can lead liturgical planning and celebration
- is able to lead Religious Education in all aspects of curriculum development and implementation
- is a strong, contemporary leader of learning with the capacity to lead change and demonstrate contemporary pedagogy with a focus on improving student learning
- is a person who can communicate effectively with a variety of stakeholders and build relationships
- can analyse and use data for future planning and to inform learning
- has an understanding of and ability to differentiate curriculum
- has the ability to work collaboratively across all stages
- is adaptable in working within a ‘shared leadership’ model.
Potential applicants should register their interest by completing the REC Application Package and return via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Celebrating Being Catholic in Australia
Ensuring Quality Teaching and Learning
Making a Difference in our World