Catholic schools are established by the Church to support parents with their responsibility for the faith formation of their children. To this end, the Executive Director of Sydney Catholic Schools invites applications for the following leadership position:
St Patrick’s Catholic Primary School Sutherland K-6 | 473 Students
Commencement Date: 28 January 2020
Ending Date: 27 January 2021
Closing Date: Friday 11 October 2019
St Patrick’s Catholic Primary School is one of the Sydney Archdiocesan schools. This system of schools endeavours to provide the Catholic community of Sydney with a wide choice of high-quality education for their children.
St Patrick’s Catholic Primary School is a growing two / three stream co-educational K-6 school. In 2020 there will be three Kindergarten and three Year 1 classes, with two classes per grade in
Years 2-6. The school is an integral part of St Patrick’s Parish. The school offers excellent faith, academic and wellbeing programs for its students.
The successful candidate for this position will be a highly effective Catholic leader who
- has completed or has evidence of study toward a Graduate Diploma or Master of Religious Education/Theology
- has Category E Accreditation in accordance with To Work, Teach and Lead in systemic Catholic schools Archdiocese of Sydney Accreditation
- demonstrates the standard descriptors at Lead Teacher Level in accordance with the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers
- is a committed Catholic who understands the evangelising mission of the Catholic school
- is a leader of Catholic identity and mission at a school and system level
- is committed to working closely with the Priests and the parish community
- can lead liturgical planning and celebration
- is able to lead Religious Education in all aspects of curriculum development and implementation
- is a strong, contemporary leader of learning with the capacity to lead change and demonstrate contemporary pedagogy with a focus on improving student learning
- is a person who can communicate effectively with a variety of stakeholders and build relationships
- can analyse and use data for future planning and to inform learning
- has an understanding of and ability to differentiate curriculum
- has the ability to work collaboratively across all stages
- is adaptable in working within a ‘shared leadership’ model.
Potential applicants should register their interest by completing the REC Application Package and return via email to email@example.com.
Celebrating Being Catholic in Australia
Ensuring Quality Teaching and Learning
Making a Difference in our World