The Executive Director SCS invites applications for the leadership position of Principal at Our Lady of Mount Carmel Waterloo.
Our Lady of Mount Carmel Catholic Primary School Waterloo | K-6
To commence: Term 1 2020
Closing Date: 23 September 2019
Sydney Catholic Schools is seeking a faith filled, inspirational, energetic and dynamic leader committed to providing students with high quality learning opportunities and experiences within a K-6 inner city setting. Waterloo is earmarked by the State Government as a State Significant Precinct with major urban renewal projects forecast.
The Principal will highly value the richness of tradition that comes from Australia’s first peoples and the more than 160 years of Catholic education on site. Simultaneously, there is the opportunity to reimagine and support in partnership with the Parish Priest the development of a site for the current and future Catholic Community that will inspire a love of learning and a love of Christ.
- A personal commitment to lead a school community, that gives witness to the Catholic faith and its teachings, aligned with the evangelising mission of the Church.
- A vision for positioning Our Lady of Mount Carmel for the future through working with the community to develop it as a school of choice, fully committed to academic excellence in faith, teaching and learning.
- The ability to build dynamic teams and effective relationships within and beyond the school community.
- Demonstrated leadership of curriculum, teaching and learning that incorporates an evidence-based approach to school improvement.
- Demonstrated success in leading emerging technologies and innovative learning.
- The ability to provide strategic leadership that ensures all members of staff are engaged in effective processes for Professional Growth in Action.
- A personal commitment to engaging with local catholic schools, parent bodies and the broader Church in growing a network of schools.
- Significant senior leadership experience in one or more educational environments.
You will also possess the following qualifications:
- Educational qualifications that meet NESA Teacher Accreditation requirements
- Post Graduate Qualification
- Accreditation for Senior Leadership in a Catholic School (Category E), Accreditation to Work Teach and Lead in systemic Catholic Schools Archdiocese of Sydney
If you are an innovative leader and are excited at the prospect of delivering transformative education whilst inspiring a thriving Catholic identity, apply now with no more than 500 words that answer the following two questions:
- Why you are the best person to take on this role?
- What have you done in the last five years that shows that you can succeed in this role?
Celebrating Being Catholic in Australia
Ensuring Quality Teaching and Learning
Making a Difference in our World