The Executive Director SCS invites applications for the leadership position of Principal at Champagnat Catholic College Pagewood.
Champagnat Catholic College – Pagewood | 7-12
To commence: Term 1 2020
Closing Date: 23 September 2019
Sydney Catholic Schools is seeking an inspirational, energetic and dynamic leader committed to providing students with high quality learning opportunities and experiences within a 7-12 boys’ college founded in the tradition of St Marcellin Champagnat. The College has a proud record of supporting all students. There is a strong culture of learning in the school and the staff are deeply committed to achieving learning growth and the best outcomes for every student. The College is currently moving toward becoming a NEWMAN Selective Gifted Education accredited school.
- A personal commitment to lead a school community, in the Marist tradition, that gives witness to the Catholic faith and its teachings, aligned with the evangelising mission of the Church.
- A vision for positioning Champagnat Catholic College for the future through working with the community to develop it as a school of choice, fully committed to academic excellence in faith, teaching and learning.
- The ability to provide strategic leadership that ensures all members of staff are engaged in effective processes for Professional Growth in Action.
- The ability to build dynamic teams and effective relationships within and beyond the school community, including feeder primary schools.
- Demonstrated leadership of curriculum, teaching and learning that incorporates an evidence-based approach to school improvement.
- Demonstrated success in leading emerging technologies and innovative learning.
- A personal commitment to engaging within the Catholic feeder parishes, parent bodies and the broader Church in growing a network of schools.
- Significant senior leadership experience in one or more educational environments.
You will also possess the following qualifications:
- Post Graduate Qualification
- Accreditation for Senior Leadership in a Catholic School (Category E), Accreditation to Work Teach and Lead in systemic Catholic Schools Archdiocese of Sydney
If you are an innovative leader and are excited at the prospect of delivering transformative education whilst inspiring a thriving Catholic identity, apply now with no more than 500 words that answer the following two questions:
- Why you are the best person to take on this role?
- What have you done in the last five years that shows that you can succeed in this role?
Celebrating Being Catholic in Australia
Ensuring Quality Teaching and Learning
Making a Difference in our World