Location: Various school locations
Commencement Date: 28 January 2020
Closing Date: 30 September 2019
Capacity: 38 hours per fortnight (0.5 FTE)
INNER WEST REGION
- St Brendan’s Catholic Primary, Annandale
- St Joseph the Worker Catholic Primary, Auburn South
- Holy Spirit Catholic Primary, North Ryde
- St Mark’s Catholic Primary, Drummoyne
- Blessed Sacrament Catholic Primary, Clifton Gardens
- St Michael’s Catholic Primary, Lane Cove
- St Therese’s Catholic Primary, Mascot
- St Aidan’s Catholic Primary, Maroubra Junction
- Our Lady of Mount Carmel Catholic Primary, Waterloo
- St Charles Catholic Primary, Waverley
- St Finbar’s Catholic Primary School, Sans Souci
- St Christopher’s Catholic Primary, Holsworthy
Who we are?
Sydney Catholic Schools (SCS) is responsible for the leadership of 152 Catholic primary and secondary schools across the Archdiocese of Sydney, which educates over 70,000 students.
About the role
We are currently seeking a number of Family Educators to join Sydney Catholic Schools across the Sydney. This pivotal role is part of the Family Educator Project and works closely with the Team Leader: Family Educator. This position is responsible for building and maintaining welcoming school environments whilst ensuring sound, respectful relationships exist between school, parents/families and the parish. The myriad of quality initiatives, events and activities created and implemented by the Family Educator contribute to vibrant faith communities within our system of Catholic schools.
The Family Educator will primarily work in partnership with a range of stakeholders: the principal, parents, the parish priest and parish staff, the Religious Education Coordinator and a range of Church agencies and organisations.
As a significant contributor to the religious leadership of the school within the Catholic school system, the Family Educator is required to be adaptable, creative and able to customise their work to meet the specific needs of the community.
- Strong and active commitment to the practice of the Catholic Faith
- Experience in parish ministry, such as but not limited to Sacramental Program, Family/Children’s Liturgy, Baptismal Group, Prayer Groups, etc
- Ability to articulate an understanding of the evangelising and catechising mission of the Catholic Church.
- Ability to present church doctrine and scripture in the appropriate context of time, place and culture.
- Competency and creativity in initiating, organising and facilitating a range of opportunities and forums to connect/re-connect and engage parents and families with the religious life of the school and parish.
- Highly developed interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Highly developed time management and organisational skills.
- Basic Google Platform skills, across Google Mail & Google Documents.
- Commitment to participate in and contribute to a formation program facilitated by the Sydney Catholic Schools Office.
- Demonstrates a strategic outlook and understands the school within the broader educational, ecclesial and communal context.
- Exercises refined project management skills to deliver agreed initiatives in a timely and effective manner
Please find the link for the candidate application gateway for you to access to complete your application and be considered for this opportunity: Apply Here. You will be required to submit a Parish Priest reference from your place of Worship.
NOTE – More positions may become available in the coming weeks and months.
WORKING WITH CHILDREN CLEARANCE
This role is classified as child related work and therefore SCS requires you to hold a working with children clearance to be completed upon acceptance of this position.
Celebrating Being Catholic in Australia
Ensuring Quality Teaching and Learning
Making a Difference in our World