- Above award remuneration
- Work with a fun and passionate team in a new environment
- Permanent Full-time opportunity
Join our wonderful team at our Sadlier-Miller Preschool. Permanent full-time contract with well above award wage salary. Not-for-profit organisation.
Early Childhood Teacher – Long Day Care
Sydney Catholic Early Childhood Services (SCECS) is a not-for-profit service catering for children between the ages of 3 – 6 and their families from our local community.
Sydney Catholic Early Childhood Services are seeking a passionate and enthusiastic qualified Early Childhood Teacher to assist in the learning and development of children aged 3-6 within our state of the art Long Day Care centre based in Sadleir-Miller on a permanent Full-time basis.
Your new role:
As the Early Childhood Teacher you will be required to respond to children’s strengths, interests and needs by developing and implementing a high quality education and care curriculum for all enrolled children. You will provide active leadership to Educators and contribute to the management of the professional learning of staff. The role requires you to build and maintain professional and positive relationships with families of the service while developing collaborative relationships with all staff in the service based on respect, trust and honesty. You will also actively support the organisation’s Catholic identity, philosophy, policies and procedures.
The benefits of working for Sydney Catholic Early Childhood Services:
- Above award salary package
- A chance to work in an impressive and well-resourced Long Day Care Centre with other equally passionate individuals
- Flexible working hours
- Be part of a rapidly growing network of childcare facilities
- Work within a close-knit supportive team comprising of the Centre Director (ECT qualified), Early Childhood Teacher and two experienced Educators
To be considered you will have:
- An Early Childhood Teaching approved qualification (i.e. Bachelor of Education)
- Post graduate or tertiary qualifications in leadership will be looking upon favourably
- A willingness to be appointed as a Nominated Supervisor
- A National Police Clearance, or be willing to obtain
- A current First Aid Certificate approved by ACECQA that includes applying first aid, emergency asthma management and anaphylaxis
- A valid Working with Children Check
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a childcare environment
- Sound, practical working knowledge and understanding of the National Quality Framework and the Early Years Learning Framework
- Demonstrated experience in curriculum development and documenting children’s learning
- The motivation and ability to inspire and maintain a positive learning culture within the centre
- A caring, supportive and proactive attitude
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- A commitment to ongoing professional learning
- Proven leadership skills
WORKING WITH CHILDREN CLEARANCE
This role is classified as a child related work and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us.
Closing date: Friday 30th August 2019