- Full-time permanent position
- State of the art, purpose built centre in Sadleir
- Work with a close-knit, passionate and well supported team
Join our fabulous Long Day Care Service in Sadlier-Miller as a Diploma qualified Educator. Permanent opportunity with an above award wage contract.
Sydney Catholic Early Childhood Services (SCECS) is a not-for-profit service catering for children and families from our Catholic parishes.
Sydney Catholic Early Childhood Services is seeking a passionate and enthusiastic Diploma qualified Educator to support the learning and development of children aged 3-6 within our beautiful Long Day Care centre based in Sadleir-Miller.
Your new role:
As an Educator you will be required to respond to children’s strengths, interests and needs by assisting in implementing and providing a diverse, stimulating and inclusive program. You will be responsible for engaging children in meaningful learning opportunities and be reliable and confident in your abilities. The role requires you to build and maintain professional and positive relationships with families of the service while developing collaborative relationships with all staff in the service based on respect, trust and honesty. You will also actively support the organisation’s Catholic identity, philosophy, policies and procedures.
The benefits of working for Sydney Catholic Early Childhood Services:
- A chance to work in our impressive and well-resourced Long Day Care Centre with other equally passionate individuals
- Permanent opportunity
- Flexible working hours
- Be part of a rapidly growing network of childcare facilities
- As per the Children’s Services Award the role will pay well above the classification
To be considered you will have:
- A completed Diploma in Children’s Services
- A genuine passion for childcare and a nurturing approach
- A certificate of training in child protection
- A current First Aid Certificate approved by ACECQA that includes applying first aid, emergency asthma management and anaphylaxis
- A valid Working with Children Check
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience working in a childcare environment
- Sound, practical working knowledge and understanding of the National Quality Framework and the Early Years Learning Framework
- The motivation and ability to inspire and maintain a positive learning culture within the Centre
- A caring, supportive and proactive attitude
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- A commitment to ongoing professional learning
WORKING WITH CHILDREN CLEARANCE
This role is classified as a child related work and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us.
Closing date: Friday 30 August 2019