Location: Sydney Catholic Schools (SCS), Inner Western Region
Closing Date: 29th July 2019
Commencement Date: 29th January 2020 (or earlier by negotiation)
The Executive Director SCS invites applications for the leadership position of Principal at Casimir Catholic College Marrickville.
SCS is seeking an inspirational, energetic and dynamic leader committed to providing students with high quality learning opportunities and experiences within a 7-12 co-educational college located in the heart of Marrickville. The College is a multi charism school and serves the needs of a diverse multicultural community. School leaders and the staff encourage each student to live the school’s motto “unite and grow” in embracing community, pride and spirit, with the respect that every student is unique and important.
Parents/Carers can expect a catholic education for their children that strives for excellence. The school’s Japanese Centre of Excellence has a K-12 model that adds an exciting dimension to the Marrickville precinct and has further strengthened the partnership with St Brigid’s Primary School. The college also presently hosts the Arrowsmith Program, and is moving toward becoming a gifted and talented NEWMAN accredited school.
- A personal commitment to lead a school community that gives witness to the Catholic faith and its teachings, aligned with the evangelising mission of the Church.
- Vision for positioning Casimir Catholic College as a centre of academic excellence and well-being within the Marrickville community.
- The ability to build dynamic teams and effective relationships across the school community.
- Demonstrated leadership of teaching and learning that incorporates an evidence-based approach to school improvement.
- Demonstrated success in leading emerging technologies and innovative learning.
- Capacity to develop and implement strategic planning, a shared school culture and curriculum design.
- A personal commitment to engaging within the Catholic feeder parishes, parent bodies and the broader Church in forming a network of schools.
- Significant senior leadership experience in one or more educational environments
If you are an innovative leader and are excited at the prospect of delivering transformative education whilst inspiring a thriving Catholic identity, apply now with no more than 500 words that answer the following two questions:
- Why you are the best person to take on this role?
- What have you done in the last five years that shows that you can succeed in this role?
Applicants are required to fill out the Principal Application Package along with the response to the two questions and return it via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Reference checks (including Parish Priest) will be conducted after the preferred candidate has been nominated.
WORKING WITH CHILDREN CLEARANCE
This role is classified as a child related work and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us.
For further information about Casimir Catholic College, Marrickville visit: www.casimirmarrickville.catholic.edu.au