- Immediate Start!
- Join a not-for-profit organisation with endless support
- Join a highly dedicated team in our Daceyville or Mosman services
Plenty career progression opportunities within SCECS. You will have endless support within a well equipped environment. Work Part-time 2:30pm-6:00pm daily Monday – Friday.
Sydney Catholic Early Childhood Services (SCECS) is a not-for-profit service catering for children and families from our Catholic schools and local community. SCECS currently operates Outside School Hours Care and Early Childhood services at several Catholic schools and Parishes within the Sydney Archdiocese.
We are seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Educator for our before & after-school care service on the beautiful grounds of Sacred Heart Catholic Primary School in Mosman and St Michael’s Primary School in Daceyville.
Utilising the School Hall, you will be looking after and caring for children within the age range of 5-12, with the support of the OSHC Coordinator.
- Above Award salary package
- Join a supportive team
- Opportunity to work with an nurturing, growing network of Early Childhood Centres
- A well-resourced shared space within the grounds of a beautiful Catholic School
- A conscious and driven effort to encourage continuous learning and development of all staff and students
- Be part of a rapidly growing network of childcare facilities
- Career progression opportunities within service and other opportunities across the company
- Ensuring all children are ‘actively’ supervised at all times
- Assist in implementing and providing a diverse and stimulating program that matches the developmental needs and interests of the children in your program, including those with additional needs
- Ensuring safe food handling and hygiene practices are upheld at all times
- Developing and fostering positive relationships with parents, caregivers, children and other key stakeholders
- Assist in establishing daily routines and create appropriate rules and boundaries for children to encourage positive behaviour
- Encourage and maintain high standards of hygiene and cleanliness of program premises and facilities
- Hold a NSW Working with children check, or be willing to obtain
- Hold certificate of training in child protection, e.g. ‘Identify and Respond to children and young people’ certificate or ‘Supporting the rights and safety of children and young people’ certificate, or be willing to obtain
- Qualifications in Child Education and Care, will be looked upon favourably
- First Aid, CPR, Anaphylaxis and Asthma Management (HTAID004), or be willing to obtain
- Consistent availability across morning and afternoon shifts, Monday to Friday
WORKING WITH CHILDREN CLEARANCE
This role is classified as a child related work and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us.
Closing date: COB Friday 19 July 2019