Sydney Catholic schools are established by the Church to support parents with their responsibility for the faith formation and education of their children. To this end, the Executive Director of Sydney Catholic Schools invites applications for the following leadership position:
St Declan’s Catholic Primary School, Penshurst | K-6 | 436 students
Commencement Date: January 2020
Closing Date: Friday 26 July 2019
As a Catholic school community founded in the tradition of the Josephite Sisters, St Declan’s Primary School is committed to ‘never seeing a need without doing something about it’ by empowering students, building positive relationships and promoting quality lifelong learning. Opportunities are provided for students to successfully develop as engaged, creative and collaborative learners. Working as a ministry of the St Declan’s Parish, the school nurtures positive and meaningful partnerships, where members of the community are valued and respected.
The Principal is responsible for giving witness to the Catholic faith and for leading the school community to develop and execute a shared vision focussed on providing quality educational experiences and quality learning outcomes for all students. The school fosters a unique professional relationship of support and loyalty to the mission of Sydney Catholic schools in the Archdiocese of Sydney.
To be considered for this role, you must demonstrate proven experience in:
- Making explicit the mission of the Catholic school and be able to lead for mission through witness and example
- Leading school wide pedagogy which includes curriculum, assessment, reporting and wellbeing
- Leading critical reflection to challenge assumptions about teaching and learning and be able to provide feedback to staff
- Coaching and mentoring to lead improved teacher performance in a standards driven environment
- Leading change through consultation and collaboration with all stakeholders
- Demonstrating effectiveness in at least two or more significant leadership positions within education
- Ability to think big-picture in the context of broader community and educational trends
- Your practice at the Lead Teacher level – aligned to the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers
You will also possess the following qualifications:
- Post Graduate Qualification
- Accreditation for Senior Leadership in a Catholic School (Category E), Accreditation to Work Teach and Lead in systemic Catholic Schools Archdiocese of Sydney
As an Educational leader you will champion and support ongoing personal and professional development within yourself and your team. Strategically your vision will be to build and foster a culture of continuous improvement and sustainability in all areas within your School.
Note: Reference checks (including Parish Priest) will be conducted after the preferred candidate has been nominated.
WORKING WITH CHILDREN CLEARANCE
This role is classified as a child related work and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us.
Celebrating Being Catholic in Australia
Ensuring Quality Teaching and Learning
Making a Difference in our World