- Lead, support and work alongside a fantastic team of Educators
- State of the Art Facilities and Resources
- Immediate start desirable
Are you a passionate & dedicated Centre Director wanting to work close to home in Sadlier-Miller? Join our impressive 40 place long day care centre.
Sydney Catholic Early Childhood Services (SCECS) is a not-for-profit service catering for 3-6 year old children and families from our Catholic parishes.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Director to be the foundational Director of our Preschool on the grounds of St Therese’s Catholic Primary School, Sadlier-Miller in a beautiful, state of the art centre (40 places).
About the opportunity:
The Director of the centre will work closely with the Parish community and be fully supported by the SCECS management team. The role is focused on providing leadership in ensuring high quality education and care provision. As the Centre Director you will be responsible for managing all day to day aspects of the service’s operations while maintaining strong relationships with children, parents and team members. You will also actively support the organisation’s Catholic identity, philosophy, policies and procedures.
- Provide a safe service for staff and children in an all-inclusive professional team environment under the guidance and support of the SCECS management team
- Oversee all procedural and educational programming
- Inspire educators to design curriculum that promote and engage children’s learning
- Create pedagogical practices informed by reflective assessment
- Ensure high quality, stimulating, safe and clean physical facilities are maintained at all times
- Oversee all regulatory, policy, staffing and operational issues
- Manage the financial affairs of the service
- Developing meaningful and supportive relationships with families and the Parish community
- Promote the Catholic philosophy of the service in everyday practices and interactions
Skills and experience required for the role:
- 2+ years’ experience directing a childcare centre
- Hold a Degree in Early Childhood teaching or equivalent as accredited by ACEQA
- Hold a DEC approved child protection training certificate
- Hold a current First Aid, CPR, Anaphylaxis and Asthma Management (HTAID004) certificate, or be willing to obtain
- Hold a NSW Working with Children Check, or be willing to obtain one
- Knowledge and implementation of the National Quality Framework
- Consent to undertaking nominated supervisor and responsible person role for the service
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Have strong team management skills
WORKING WITH CHILDREN CLEARANCE
This role is classified as a child related work and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us.
Closing date: 31 July 2019