- Highly respected not-for-profit organisation
- Work in a brand new Centre that is well equipped with a huge play space
- Permanent Position located in Auburn
Are you an experienced Educator who is Certificate 3 or Diploma qualified? Do you want to work with a passionate team in an exciting new space?
Sydney Catholic Early Childhood Services (SCECS) is a not-for-profit service catering for 3-6 year old children and their families from our local community.
We are seeking passionate and enthusiastic Certificate 3 and Diploma qualified Educators to support the learning and development of children aged 3-6. You will have the opportunity to work in our new state of the art, purpose built building at St John’s Auburn opening this July 2019.
Your new role:
As an Educator you will be required to respond to children’s strengths, interests and needs by assisting in implementing and providing a diverse, stimulating and inclusive program. You will be responsible for engaging children in meaningful learning opportunities and be reliable and confident in your abilities. The role requires you to build and maintain professional and positive relationships with families of the service while developing collaborative relationships with all staff in the service based on respect, trust and honesty. You will also actively support the organisation’s Catholic identity, philosophy, policies and procedures.
The benefits of working for Sydney Catholic Early Childhood Services:
- Above award salary package
- A chance to work in one of our impressive and well-resourced new Long Day Care centres with other equally passionate individuals
- Permanent opportunity available
- Flexible working hours with availability across Monday – Friday
- Be part of a rapidly growing network of childcare facilities
To be considered you will have:
- A genuine passion for childcare and a nurturing approach
- A completed Certificate 3 or a Diploma in Children’s Services
- A certificate of training in child protection
- A current First Aid Certificate approved by ACECQA that includes applying first aid, emergency asthma management and anaphylaxis
- A valid Working with Children Check
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a childcare environment
- Sound, practical working knowledge and understanding of the National Quality Framework and the Early Years Learning Framework
- The motivation and ability to inspire and maintain a positive learning culture within the Centre
- A caring, supportive and proactive attitude
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- A commitment to ongoing professional learning
WORKING WITH CHILDREN CLEARANCE
This role is classified as a child related work and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us.
Closing date: Friday 19 July 2019