Location: Lower North Shore – Sydney
Closing Date: 18 July 2019
Commencing: January 2020
Sydney Catholic Schools is seeking a visionary results-driven leader for its first pre to post education network in North Sydney (‘the North Sydney Network’). The North Sydney Network (Marist Catholic College North Shore (K-12), Sacred Heart Mosman, St Michael’s Lane Cove and Blessed Sacrament Clifton Gardens) will be the foundation of a broader educational offering on the lower North Shore.
The North Sydney Network will include early childhood care and pre-school education along with post-school university and vocational education offerings. The North Sydney Network will be an innovation hub that links with parishes, business, government and other not-for-profits to create a community of care that is uniquely Catholic in its scope and operations.
Parents/Carers expect that their child will enter a faith-based educational network that is academically rigorous, spiritually driven and enthusiastically engaging with music, drama, sport and cutting edge information technology, artificial intelligence and biotechnology.
- A personal commitment to building multiple connections within the North Sydney Network with Catholic parishes and the broader Church
- Vision for positioning the North Sydney Network as the preferred system of education and pastoral care excellence on the North Shore of Sydney
- Ability to lead a complex education network offering the full range of educational experiences from pre-school through to university and vocational education
- Demonstrated success in leading a thriving organisation through excellence and innovation learning
- Capacity to engage and influence the educational agenda at a system, national and international level
Sydney Catholic Schools Limited (SCS) is responsible for the leadership, efficient operation and management of the systemic schools which educate approximately 70,000 students in 152 parish primary and regional secondary schools in the Archdiocese of Sydney.
Sydney Catholic Schools main focus is providing support for schools and helping to ensure that every student receives a high-quality Catholic education.
If you are an innovative leader and are excited at the prospect of leading the North Shore Network to deliver the best of faith and reason, apply now with no more than 500 words that answer the following two questions:
- Why you are the best person to take on this role?
- What have you done in the last five years that shows that you can succeed in this role?
Interested applicants should contact Carmen De Oliveira (Head: Recruitment and Engagement) on (02) 9568 8258 or via email to email@example.com for a private and confidential conversation and to obtain a copy of the information pack.
Note: Applications will need to include a reference from their Parish Priest in order to be considered for shortlisting.
WORKING WITH CHILDREN CLEARANCE
This role is classified as a child related work and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us.