- Supportive management team
- Career progression opportunities
- Warm, friendly and encouraging working environment
- Closing date: COB Friday, 21st June 2019
Sydney Catholic Early Childhood Services (SCECS) is a not-for-profit service catering for children and families from our Catholic schools and local community. SCECS currently operates Outside School Hours Care and Early Childhood services at several Catholic schools and Parishes within the Sydney Archdiocese.
Sydney Catholic Early Childhood Services are currently seeking highly motivated childcare workers for a 15 place before & after-school care service on the beautiful grounds of Blessed Sacrament Primary School in Clifton Gardens. Utilising the School Hall, you will be looking after and caring for children within the age range of 5-12, with the majority of them attending Kindy-year 4 at the school.
- Work with a supportive and passionate team
- Opportunity to work with a nurturing, growing network of Early Childhood Centres
- A well-resourced shared space within the grounds of a beautiful Catholic School
- A conscious and driven effort to encourage continuous learning and development of all staff and students
- Career progression opportunities within service and other opportunities across the company
- Can be flexible with hours and encouraging of the referral of like-minded, skilled professionals as the network continues to grow
- Be the responsible person for the services
- Provide a safe OSHC service for staff and children in an all-inclusive professional team environment
- Maintain children attendance and casual bookings schedules
- Supervise other educators, ensuring they understand and perform in-service responsibilities
- Design and implement engaging educational programs with observations and reflection journals
- Create opportunities to share children’s participation and engagement in programs with families
- Maintain strong relationships with families and the school community
- Ensure high quality, stimulating, safe and clean environments are maintained at all times
- Ensuring all children are ‘actively’ supervised at all times
- Assist in implementing and providing a diverse and stimulating program that matches the developmental needs of the children
- Ensuring safe food handling and hygiene practices are upheld at all times
- Developing and fostering positive relationships with parents, caregivers, children and other key stakeholders
- Assist in establishing daily routines and create appropriate rules and boundaries for children to encourage positive behaviour
- Encourage and maintain high standards of hygiene and cleanliness of program premises and facilities
- Hold a NSW Working with children check, or be willing to obtain
- Hold certificate of training in child protection, e.g. ‘Identify and Respond to children and young people’ certificate or ‘Supporting the rights and safety of children and young people’ certificate, or be willing to obtain
- First Aid, CPR, Anaphylaxis and Asthma Management (HTAID004), or be willing to obtain
- Consistent availability across morning and afternoon shifts, Monday to Friday
- Qualifications in Child Education and Care will be looked upon favourably for Educator Applicants.
Additional requirements for Coordinator applicants:
- Excellent communication skills
- Qualifications in Child Education and Care -Completed or be on your way to completing a Cert III, Diploma in Children’s Services or Bachelor of Education or equivalent
- Consent to undertaking responsible person role for the services.
- Previous experience working with children
WORKING WITH CHILDREN CLEARANCE
This role is classified as a child related work and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us.