- Immediate Start
- Work for a not-for-profit organisation with plenty career progression
- Positive and dynamic team environment who are passionate about quality education
Sydney Catholic Early Childhood Services (SCECS) is a not-for-profit service catering for children and families from our Catholic schools and local community. SCECS currently operates Outside School Hours Care and Early Childhood services at several Catholic schools and Parishes within the Sydney Archdiocese.
We are currently seeking an experienced childcare worker for our 25 place before & after-school care service on the beautiful grounds of Our Lady of Mt Carmel Catholic Primary School in Waterloo. Utilising the School Hall, you will be looking after and caring for children within the age range of 5-12, with the majority of them attending Kindy-year 4 at the school.
- Above Award salary package
- A supportive and supported team
- Opportunity to work with an nurturing, growing network of Early Childhood Centres
- A well-resourced shared space within the grounds of a beautiful Catholic School
- A conscious and driven effort to encourage continuous learning and development of all staff and students
- A chance to be part of a team of dedicated staff who have successfully launched a thriving start-up entity in the past 12 months with a view to triple breadth of the brand’s reach by 2020
- Career progression opportunities within service and other opportunities across the company
- Can be flexible with hours and encouraging of the referral of like-minded, skilled professionals as the network continues to grow
- Be the responsible person for the services
- Under the guidance and support of the SCECS management team, provide a safe OSHC service for staff and children in an all-inclusive professional team environment
- Maintain children attendance and casual bookings schedules to ensure child safety and supervision
- Supervise other educators, ensuring they understand and perform in-service responsibilities
- Design and implement engaging educational programs with observations and reflection journals
- Create opportunities to share children’s participation and engagement in programs with families
- Maintain strong relationships with families and the school community
- Ensure high quality, stimulating, safe and clean environments are maintained at all times
- Hold a NSW Working with children check, or be willing to obtain
- Previous experience working with children
- Excellent communication skills
- Qualifications in Child Education and Care -Completed or be on your way to completing a Cert III, Diploma in Children’s Services or Bachelor of Education or equivalent
- Consent to undertaking responsible person role for the services.
- Hold certificate of training in child protection, e.g. ‘Identify and Respond to children and young people’ certificate or ‘Supporting the rights and safety of children and young people’ certificate, or be willing to obtain
- First Aid, CPR, Anaphylaxis and Asthma Management (HTAID004), or be willing to obtain
- Consistent availability across afternoon shifts 2:00pm-6:00pm, Monday to Friday
Applicants must formalise their application by submitting a completed SCS Application Form (see attached), resume and a covering letter addressing the key areas of the role and outlining their motivation and experience to qualify for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org
WORKING WITH CHILDREN CLEARANCE
This role is classified as a child related work and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us.
Closing date: Sunday, 2nd June 2019