Applications close: 16 June 2019
Start date: January 2020
Sydney Catholic Schools (SCS) is responsible for the leadership of 152 Catholic primary and secondary schools across the Archdiocese of Sydney, which educates over 70,000 students.
We are offering several paid internship opportunities (commencing in January 2020) to help you get a head start on your teaching journey and learn from on the job classroom and teaching experiences where you will have an opportunity to develop your professional knowledge, practice, and engagement.
- 2 days per week (inclusive of all part-time leave benefits)
- Dedicated personalised mentor
- Ongoing professional learning
- Permanent teaching position within Sydney Catholic Schools at the successful completion of the internship*
- Reimbursement of six university subject fees*
- Knowledge of and commitment to the mission of Catholic Education
- Willingness to immerse in the program
- Eagerness to be involved in school activities and collegial conversations
- An ability to work within a team environment
- Desire to learn and take on feedback and adjust teaching practices based on feedback received
- Final Year of Teacher Education course in 2020 (strong record in Secondary Mathematics and/or Secondary Science (Physics and/or Chemistry) teaching or Primary Mathematics).
- Must be an Australian or New Zealand Citizen
How to Apply:
All applicants are required to first register their interest via the following link. The recruitment process has various stages where you’ll be asked to complete a Teacher Capability Assessment (TCAT) administered by the University of Melbourne, supply application documentation, make a short video in response to set questions and attend a panel interview.
For more information about what is involved and how to apply, click here.