The Executive Director of Catholic Schools invites expressions of interest for the following full-time position:
Education Officer: Mathematics – Secondary (expressions of interest)
Location: Originally based in Leichhardt (Daceyville, Lidcombe & Revesby)
Closing date: 31 May 2019
Start date: January 2020 (possibility of starting term 4, 2019)
Sydney Catholic Schools (SCS) is responsible for the leadership of 152 Catholic primary and secondary schools across the Archdiocese of Sydney, which educates over 70,000 students.
The role exists to promote and support the development, delivery and provision of authentic learning and authentic assessment in Mathematics in Sydney Catholic Schools. The role has responsibility for designing and implementing professional learning at the Proficient, Highly Accomplished and Lead standards, designing high quality mathematics resources to support Teachers and leaders of Mathematics, and leading the processes of modelling, co-teaching observing and analysing teaching practice in schools.
ESSENTIAL SELECTION CRITERIA:
- Relevant teaching qualifications
- Demonstrated effectiveness as a Mathematics teacher and Mathematics Coordinator or equivalent
- Accreditation in accordance with Accreditation to Work, Teach and Lead in Sydney Catholic Schools
- Experience in modelling, co-teaching, observing and analysing classroom teaching practice and providing feedback to improve teaching practice
- Evidence against the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers of the capacity to meet the requirements at the Highly Accomplished or Lead level
- Evidence working effectively to achieve sustained change and innovation in Mathematics education
- Engagement and contribution to the life and mission of Sydney Catholic Schools
- Demonstrated capacity to support improved student learning based on data analysis
- Current valid driver’s license
- Post graduate qualifications in Leadership, Education and/or Curriculum
To express your interest submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. The position will be officially advertised from the 7 June 2019, whereby you’ll be asked to submit your full application along with referee reports.
WORKING WITH CHILDREN CLEARANCE
This role is classified as a child related work and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us.
Celebrating Being Catholic in Australia
Ensuring Quality Teaching and Learning
Making a Difference in our World