The Executive Director of Catholic Schools invites expressions of interest for the following position:
Education Officer: Literacy 7-12 (Expressions of Interest)
Location: Sydney Catholic Schools, Leichardt
Closing date: 31 May 2019
Start date: January 2020 (possibility of starting term 4, 2019)
Sydney Catholic Schools (SCS) is responsible for the leadership of 152 Catholic primary and secondary schools across the Archdiocese of Sydney, which educates over 70,000 students.
The role exists to promote pedagogical practices consistent with Sydney Catholic Schools’ Authentic Learning Statement and Authentic Assessment Statement. This role will contribute to Teaching and Learning Directorate discussions and initiatives related to the implementation of Authentic Learning, whilst working closely with Teachers to mentor/coach them in their school based learning.
The role contributes to the work of the Teaching and Learning Literacy team in the development of policy and resources to foster a contemporary and sustainable Literacy and EALD pedagogy for Sydney Catholic Schools.
ESSENTIAL SELECTION CRITERIA:
- Undergraduate qualifications in Education
- Relevant postgraduate qualifications
- Understanding and commitment to the Mission of Catholic Education and familiarity with Catholic Church
- Demonstrated experience and effectiveness in Literacy or EAUD provision at a school or system level
- Experience in formal leadership role in schools and/or system
- Participation in Literacy: The Next Step course
- Postgraduate qualifications in Literacy or TESOL
To express your interest submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. The position will be officially advertised from the 7 June 2019, whereby you’ll be asked to submit your full application along with referee reports.
WORKING WITH CHILDREN CLEARANCE
This role is classified as a child related work and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us.
Celebrating Being Catholic in Australia
Ensuring Quality Teaching and Learning
Making a Difference in our World