Catholic schools are established by the Church to support parents in their responsibility of Faith formation for their children.
To this end, the Executive Director of Sydney Catholic Schools invites applications for the following Leadership position, from suitably qualified and committed catholic men and women. Applicants should have a strong desire and a well-developed capacity to take forward the evangelising mission of catholic schools in the Archdiocese of Sydney and to ensure high quality education to maximise learning outcomes for all students:
ACTING ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL – Maternity Leave Position
St Patrick’s Catholic Primary School K-4
Commencement Date: 23 July 2019
Closing Date: 3 May 2019
St Patrick’s Catholic Primary School is a newly established school which draws most of its students from the community of St Patrick’s Parish and the immediate local area of Breakfast Point. This new school, with its contemporary learning spaces currently provides education to students from Kindergarten to Year 4 and is continuing to grow annually with full enrolment K-6 expected in 2021.
The Assistant Principal plays an integral part of the school leadership team and supports the Principal in modelling faith action and in delivering strategic school goals through day-to-day mentoring/management of school staff, communications, processes, systems, safety, and security and well-being of students.
The successful candidate will:
- Be highly effective Catholic leader
- Be a committed Catholic who understands the evangelising mission of the Catholic Church
- Be a strong leader of learning who is focussed on effective teaching and learning and has highly developed capabilities in the area of contemporary pedagogy
- Demonstrate a sound understanding of the principles of teaching in the early years of education as well as the broad primary school curriculum
- Create a Catholic learning culture of shared responsibility focused on quality teaching and quality learning for all students
- Be a self-motivated learner who seeks feedback and reflects on their effectiveness in contributing to the school’s learning culture.
- Use effective strategies for high quality induction, professional learning and performance review and monitoring and leads teacher accreditation
- Strategically manage and lead change and improvement within the school and its community
- Be a community focussed leader who supports a culture of inclusion and hospitality by engaging with parents, care-givers and Church to build and maintain effective partnerships
You will also possess the following qualifications:
- Post graduate study in Leadership
- Accreditation for Senior Leadership in a Catholic School (Category E), Accreditation to Work, Teach and Lead in systemic Catholic schools Archdiocese of Sydney
WORKING WITH CHILDREN CLEARANCE
This role is classified as a child related work and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us.
Celebrating Being Catholic in Australia
Ensuring Quality Teaching and Learning
Making a Difference in our World