The Executive Director of Catholic Schools invites internal and external applications for the following position:
Team Leader: Capital Works
Location: Central Office, Leichhardt
Commencement Date: June 2019
Closing Date: 30 April 2019
Sydney Catholic Schools (SCS) is responsible for the leadership of 152 Catholic primary and secondary schools across the Archdiocese of Sydney, which educates over 70,000 students.
Reporting to the Head of Planning and Facilities, and working closely with the Capital Works team, this position will have responsibility for managing a portfolio of projects as well as providing support to a team of capital works officers in effective design, development and construction solutions for schools within the Archdiocese of Sydney
This role has responsibility for
- Delivery of major and minor capital works projects on time and within budget
- Assisting in the management of the program of capital works for Sydney Catholic Schools, in particular reporting, oversight, technical support and process development and implementation
- Developing innovative and effective solutions for design and delivery of capital works projects including new schools, expansion and refurbishment of existing schools.
- Ensuring projects are delivered to budget with appropriate management of risks, safety and relevant legislative frameworks
- Delegating the delivery of projects to the capital works team to ensure that school facilities are maintained in accordance with relevant legislation.
- Tertiary qualifications in Architecture or Project Management or related discipline
- Extensive experience (8 years’) working in the building industry in one or more of the following areas; design, architecture and construction.
- Experience working in a client-centric environment
- Expert in all phases of capital infrastructure projects including business case development, consultant engagement and project completion.
- Experience in project reviews, cost management, project risk management
- Experience in managing and mentoring a team of professional architects
- Highly proficient in working with a range of specialist software packages such as Microsoft Office and project management software
- Practical competence in the requirements of a range of legislative requirements relevant to planning and development including the Building Code of Australia; State Environmental Planning Policy (SEPP) 2007; Work Health and Safety Act (WHS) 2011; Disability Discrimination Act 1992
- Strong interpersonal skills and capacity to engage with stakeholders
Applicants must formalise their application by submitting a completed SCS application form, resume and a covering letter outlining their motivation and experience to qualify for the position to email@example.com
Celebrating Being Catholic in Australia
Ensuring Quality Teaching and Learning
Making a Difference in our World