The Principal of St John’s Catholic Primary School, Auburn invites applications for the following position.
Length: Term 2-4 2019
Location: St John’s Catholic Primary School, Auburn
Closing date: 24 April 2019
St. John’s Auburn is a systemic Catholic primary school where every student is valued as a learner. At St. John’s, we have a strong belief that all of our students are unique and progress at different rates. We strongly believe all students are capable of being successful in their learning when challenged appropriately within our supportive and stimulating learning environments. We place a high emphasis on addressing the learning needs of all our students, including our high achieving learners.
This is an exciting opportunity in a non- class teacher role to support student learning and build teacher capacity. This temporary role is for Terms 2-4 2019 and will commence 29th April 2019. This can be negotiated if required.
Your role would involve-
- Supporting the implementation of best practice through a co-teaching model, working with teachers in classrooms;
- Clarifying expectations for classroom practice;
- Embedding powerful contemporary approaches to learning through developing a culture of learning that builds capacity to deepen insight and meaning;
- Collaborative analysis of assessment data to inform point of need instruction;
- Leading whole school professional learning in literacy and numeracy;
- Organisation and collation of assessment data;
- Engaging parents in meaningful partnerships that enhance student learning.
- Have a high level of interpersonal, organisational and communication skills;
- Be highly competent in the teaching of literacy and numeracy particularly K-2;
- Be able to cater for the learning needs of all students;
- Actively seek to improve their own teaching while working in a highly collegial leadership team;
- Adopt evidence-based teaching strategies;
- Have a minimum of 8 years teaching experience.
- Involvement in the Mathematical Expertise and Excellence professional learning
To apply please email your cover letter and resume with full employment history and nominate 3 referees including the Parish Priest of your usual place of worship to the Principal: firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business 24th April 2019. You are invited to email any questions about this role prior to the closing date to email@example.com