- Office located in Leichhardt
- Working hours 8am-4pm
- Immediate start desirable
Sydney Catholic Schools (SCS) operates 152 Catholic primary and secondary schools across the Archdiocese of Sydney, which educates over 70,000 students.
Join the Planning and Facilities team in this newly created role which is focused on the management and coordination of multi trade maintenance, whilst overseeing the allocation and scheduling of maintenance and repairs across our schools based within the Sydney Metropolitan area.
This position is responsible for school based clients, coordination of maintenance and repair services to schools and reports to the Planning and Facilities Operations Manager. You will work alongside a supportive team who are passionate about what they do to support our school communities. In this exciting role, you will have the opportunity to work closely with schools in providing innovative learning spaces.
Main duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Engage with school principals and communities
- Coordination and monitoring of scheduled and reactive maintenance activities
- Schedule maintenance plans and activities to ensure ongoing compliance to legislative, regulatory and standard maintenance management requirements
- Engage and leverage maintenance service providers to optimise safety, service and utilisation
- Liaise with key stakeholders including school principals, staff members, management and contractors to optimise asset performance, quality and availability
- Source quotations, raise purchase orders with preferred suppliers and administer related activities
- Define and maintain accurate data in within asset management system
- Maintenance status reporting and data analysis
- Development and implementation of actions to resolve schedule variances
- Customer service experience in the property industry
- Previous experience in a scheduling role, ideally within the maintenance services industry across multiple sites
- Strong experience in coordinating trade services and maintenance schedules
- Sound understanding of work health and safety requirements
- Proficiency in using an online scheduling tool within an operational environment
- Demonstrated contemporary knowledge of asset management and maintenance processes
- Understanding of contracts and contractual obligations
- Understanding of scheduling and reporting requirements for building facilities
- Previous experience in managing work order budgets
- Proficient computer software skills using Microsoft and Google platforms
- Proficient data entry skills with a high attention to detail
- Strong communication and negotiation skills, plus the ability to develop good working relationships with various stakeholders
- Ability to prioritise and strong time management skills
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Property/Facilities Management
- Experience in TechnologyOne CiA Asset Lifecycle Management System
This is a busy role with a high volume of both planned and reactive maintenance requests where you will have the opportunity to utilise and master your coordination and administration experience. Your desire to consistently exceed expectations will see you succeed in this role, as will your ability to be service orientated.
Applicants must formalise their application by submitting an SCS Application Form, resume and a covering letter addressing the selection criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org
WORKING WITH CHILDREN CLEARANCE
This role is classified as a child related work and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us.
Celebrating Being Catholic in Australia
Ensuring Quality Teaching and Learning
Making a Difference in our World
Closing date: 24 March 2019