The Executive Director of Catholic Schools invites applications for the following position:
FREELANCE GRAPHIC DESIGNER (all-rounder)
- Office located in Leichhardt (using SCS facilities, assets and programs)
- Bringing strategy and vision to life for the promotion of Catholic education
- Applications close 31 March 2019
Sydney Catholic Schools (SCS) is responsible for the leadership of 152 Catholic primary and secondary schools across the Archdiocese of Sydney, which educates over 70,000 students.
We are currently seeking a pool of creative Freelance Graphic Designers to join our highly talented and driven Marketing and Communications team. This position reports to the Team Leader: Graphic Design & Production and is responsible for providing graphic design support to promote our schools, programs and services.
This role will see you working collaboratively with our Marketing Officer’s in executing high quality and contextualised designs across print and digital formats, to support our strategic marketing plans and enrolment objectives.
- Tertiary qualifications or relevant applied technical training
- Minimum of 5 years’ graphic design working experience in a professional services or corporate marketing environment.
- Advanced skills in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and other Adobe packages on a MAC platform.
- Experience in designing and preparing artwork for all types of print and digital media including corporate communication materials.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office suite
- High level of creative flair with strong attention to detail
- Strong organisation and time management skills with the ability to work in a fast paced environment, perform under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Highly organised with the ability to work autonomously
- Excellent communication and stakeholder engagement skills
- Previous experience working in an Education environment
- Knowledge of the Catholic School system and faith
- Understanding and/or experience in digital animation
The successful candidate will have a strong understanding of the industry-standard graphic design principles, possess the capacity to quickly understand and take forward a design brief whilst applying creative thinking in a process-orientated environment.
You will have the opportunity to work alongside our school leadership team in ensuring the SCS brand and Catholic identify of our schools is strongly promoted through the design work you undertake. Additionally, you will contribute to nominated system projects that will positively enhance our reputation and drive our enrolment initiatives.
To apply, submit your cover letter, resume and your portfolio or samples of your most recent work to email@example.com. Applications received without a portfolio or samples of work will not be considered.
WORKING WITH CHILDREN CLEARANCE
This role is classified as a child related work and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us.
Celebrating Being Catholic in Australia
Ensuring Quality Teaching and Learning
Making a Difference in our World
Applications close: 31 March 2019