Sydney Catholic Schools is responsible for the leadership, efficient operation and management of the systemic schools which educate around 71,000 students in 152 parish primary and regional secondary schools in the Archdiocese of Sydney.
Sydney Catholic Schools, Eastern Region Office
Commencement Date: To be negotiated 2019
Closing Date: 26 February 2019
This is a senior leadership position in the Eastern Region Team. As a senior leader in the Catholic School System the Regional Leader of Learning: Religious Education collaborates with the Archdiocesan Religious Education and Evangelisation Team, the Regional Consultants, Principals and School Leadership Teams to take forward the evangelising mission of the Church, nurture effective leadership and promote authentic contemporary learning.
The role is significant in contributing to the continuous improvement of student learning which is integral to the System’s school improvement agenda. It requires a sophisticated level of school data literacy which will enable the Leader of Learning: Religious Education to identify the needs of the school and to build whole school capacity. The role supports the strengthening of Catholic identity in school communities, the nurturing of vibrant faith communities and the provision of quality teaching and learning, especially in Religious Education.
The Leader of Learning will be expected to build teacher capacity through drawing on his/her specialised knowledge of Religious Education and through the use of coaching and mentoring, and by facilitating authentic learning practices.
The role requires a flexible, adaptable leader who has the capacity to think strategically in order to best enable the provision of services to those schools with specific needs and to those requiring different levels of support. This strategic capacity will need to be supported by highly developed interpersonal, communication and organisational skills which are essential for providing leadership to the wide ranging aspects of the role.
- Engagement with, and contribution to, the life and mission of the Catholic Church
- Tertiary qualifications which include post graduate studies in Religious Education/Theology or Catholic Leadership
- Category E Accreditation in accordance with To Work, Teach and Lead in systemic Catholic schools Archdiocese of Sydney
- Demonstrated effectiveness as a teacher and experience in a senior leadership position
- Evidence of working with staff in accordance with adult learning principles
- Demonstrated capacity to select and support appropriate school improvement processes based on data analysis
- Evidence of working effectively to achieve sustained change and innovation within the Catholic life and Religious Education of schools and the system.
You will also possess the following qualifications:
- Professional qualifications as a teacher accredited by the NSW Education Standards Authority
- Accreditation in accordance with Accreditation to Work, Teach and Lead in systemic Catholic schools Archdiocese of Sydney
A comprehensively insured motor vehicle is essential for this position and travel costs are reimbursed according to Sydney Catholic Schools policy.
WORKING WITH CHILDREN CLEARANCE
This role is classified as a child related work and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us.
Celebrating Being Catholic in Australia
Ensuring Quality Teaching and Learning
Making a Difference in our World