The Executive Director of Schools invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced personnel for the following Leadership position:
- LEADER OF LEARNING – Secondary Curriculum
- Located at the Inner Western Regional Office, Lidcombe
- Commencement date: To be negotiated
- CLOSING DATE: 19 February 2019.
This is a senior leadership position. As a senior leader in the Catholic School System the Regional Leader of Learning Curriculum Secondary collaborates with the Regional Consultant, the Principal and the School Leadership Team to take forward the Mission of the Church with a focus on evangelisation and authentic learning within an educational context.
The role is significant in contributing to the continuous improvement of student learning which is integral to the System’s school improvement agenda. This will require the building of whole school capacity to enable a better understanding of the needs of secondary school students, and to deliver quality teaching and learning in all secondary schools.
The Leader of Learning will be expected to build teacher capacity through drawing on his/her specialised knowledge of, and experience in, teaching and learning, through the use of coaching and mentoring.
The role requires a clear understanding of the Secondary Curriculum agenda, which will enable the Leader of Learning to identify the needs of the school community in order to develop whole school strategies for the delivery of Secondary Curriculum courses, the provision of effective professional learning for teachers and the monitoring and maintenance of compliance requirements.
The role requires a flexible, adaptable leader who has the capacity to think strategically in order to best enable the provision of curriculum services to those schools with specific needs and to those requiring different levels of support. This strategic capacity will need to be supported by highly developed interpersonal and organisational skills which are essential for providing leadership to the wide ranging aspects of the role.
- Engagement with, and contribution to, the life and mission of the Catholic Church
- Qualifications, and/or experience in secondary teaching.
- Demonstrated effectiveness as a teacher and experience in a senior middle leader or equivalent role within teaching and learning
- Accreditation in accordance with Accreditation to Work, Teach and Lead in systemic Catholic schools Archdiocese of Sydney
- Evidence against the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers of performance at the Lead Teacher level
- Evidence of working with staff in accordance with adult learning principles
- Evidence of working effectively to achieve sustained change and innovation within an area of responsibility
- Demonstrated capacity to select and support appropriate school improvement processes based on data analysis
- Post Graduate qualification in Leadership, Religious Education and/or Curriculum
- A comprehensively insured motor vehicle is essential for this position and travel costs are reimbursed according to Sydney Catholic Schools policy.
Applicants must formalise their application by submitting a SCS Application Form, resume and a covering letter addressing the selection criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org
Role description: Click here
This role is classified as a child related work and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us.
Celebrating Being Catholic in Australia
Ensuring Quality Teaching and Learning
Making a Difference in our World