- Unique and Exciting Opportunity for a Legal Graduate
- Office located in Leichhardt
- Multiple permanent roles available
Sydney Catholic Schools (SCS) is responsible for the leadership of 152 Catholic primary and secondary schools across the Archdiocese of Sydney, which educates over 70,000 students.
About the Role:
In this role you will work closely with a team of professionals in the Child Protection & Professional Services unit to ensure that the current and future child protection responsibilities of Sydney Catholic Schools are met.
As a member of the Child Protection & Professional Services unit, you will assist with complex case management and investigations to ensure Sydney Catholic Schools meets its obligations to the NSW Ombudsman and Office of the Children’s Guardian and its duty of care to system participants. You will assist in providing advice to schools and key stakeholders in relation to best practice and regulatory compliance in the areas of child protection and child safety. This role also involves working with leadership, employees, children and families within Catholic systemic schools in the area of Child Protection as well as liaison with external agencies and interagency partners, NSW Police Force and government authorities.
You will possess the following:
- Tertiary qualifications in legal, employment/industrial relations or other related field.
- Excellent analytical skills, strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to confidently communicate solutions in a reasoned and practical manner;
- Capacity to work in a highly regulated environment, involving complex considerations and offering compliance advice and risk-based solutions;
- Ability to quickly build credibility with leaders and key stakeholders.
- Capacity to work with sensitive and confronting information in relation to child abuse
- Understanding and experience in child protection laws, reporting requirements and practices in NSW
- Knowledge of NSW stakeholders and organisations involved in the practice and reporting of child protection
- Understanding of employment/industrial law/processes in NSW
- Knowledge and experience in drafting formal documents including legal briefs, legal memoranda, agendas, minutes, letters.
- Experience in data management and preparation of internal and external reporting
WORKING WITH CHILDREN CLEARANCE
This role is classified as a child related work and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us.
Celebrating Being Catholic in Australia
Ensuring Quality Teaching and Learning
Making a Difference in our World
Closing date: 19 February 2019
Interviews to be conducted on 22nd February 2019