- Senior leadership role
- Office located in Leichhardt
- Competitive salary, including NFP salary packaging and super
Sydney Catholic Schools (SCS) is seeking a committed Catholic who believes passionately in our vision and purpose – providing quality Catholic learning and teaching to the children in our Archdiocesan schools.
Reporting to the Director of Teaching and Learning, this position is responsible for supporting central and regional staff in effectively accessing, understanding, evaluating and using research and data to maximise support and provide evidence of impact for projects and programs that informs effective practice.
You will be tasked with taking responsibility and oversight for provision of up to date and accurate data, evaluation and research in order to provide advice and analysis in relation to existing and planned key national, state and systemic educational assessments. These assessments currently encompass NAPLAN, PAT testing (4 tests), HSC etc. Additionally, Directorate projects and program effectiveness will also be required to be evaluated. The role will also involve the preparation of reports, research articles and data walls to indicate track impact, evaluation and evidence of student growth achievement across SCS.
- Post graduate qualifications in Education and/or Curriculum and/or Leadership with a focus on data literacy and research methods and their impact on educational practice.
- Demonstrated commitment to the mission and vision of Catholic education
- Significant experience in the analysis and reporting of research and data.
- Experience in leading a multi-disciplined portfolio team and proven ability to contribute to strategy.
- Recent or current senior leadership experience in Catholic education, Tertiary or non-for-profit sector
- Sound understanding of and an ability to synthesise research and data
- Successful experience as a leader capable of leading and directing staff in feedback and analysis on the data
- Ability to work in professional collaboration within and across the system
- Ability to lead, develop and build the capacity of senior staff
- Strategic change management skills to drive cultural change processes
- Innovation and initiative to take responsibility for further developing a wider range of evaluation and research opportunities to inform decisions
- Experience in critical analysis of data and trends
Applicants must formalise their application by submitting a resume and a covering letter, SCS Application Form and address to the selection criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that a Parish Priest Reference form confirming you are a committed and practising Catholic in your parish is an essential criteria for and will be required to be submitted with your application for this position.
WORKING WITH CHILDREN CLEARANCE
This role is classified as a child related work and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us.
Celebrating Being Catholic in Australia
Ensuring Quality Teaching and Learning
Making a Difference in our World
Closing date: 5 March 2019