- Seeking experienced Educators to cover casual days for our team in centres across Sydney
- Work with a dynamic team who are passionate about delivering a high level of care and education
- Casual may lead to future part time or permanent opportunities across the network
Sydney Catholic Early Childhood Services (SCECS) is a not-for-profit service catering for children and families from our Catholic schools and local community.
SCECS currently operates Outside School Hours Care at several Catholic schools within the Sydney Archdiocese with OSHC centres in Auburn, Strathfield, Lakemba, Austral, Kingsgrove, Fairfield, Waterloo, Bass Hill, Bondi, Daceyville, Mosman and Sadleir.
- Flexible working hours
- A supportive and supported team
- Opportunity to work with a nurturing, growing network of Early Childhood Centres
- A chance to assist a team of dedicated staff who have successfully launched a thriving start-up entity in the past 12 months with a view to triple the breadth of the brand’s reach by 2020
- Looking after and caring for children within the age range of 5-12, with the majority of them attending kindy-year 4 at the school
- Ensuring all children are ‘actively’ supervised at all times
- Assisting in implementing and providing a diverse and stimulating program that matches the developmental needs and interests of the children
- Ensuring safe food handling and hygiene practices are upheld at all times
- Developing and fostering positive relationships with parents, caregivers, children and other key stakeholders
- Assisting in establishing daily routines and creating appropriate rules and boundaries for children to encourage positive behaviour
- Encouraging and maintaining high standards of hygiene and cleanliness of program premises and facilities
- Hold a NSW Working with Children Check, or be willing to obtain
- First Aid, CPR, Anaphylaxis and Asthma Management (HTAID004), or be willing to obtain
- Qualifications in Child Education and Care, will be looked upon favourably
- Flexible and preferably available at short notice
- A current and valid NSW Driver’s License and own vehicle or the capacity to access public transport is ideal
WORKING WITH CHILDREN CLEARANCE
This role is classified as a child related work and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us.
Closing date: COB Thursday 28 February