The Executive Director of Catholic Schools invites internal and external applications for the following Executive position.
Professional Officer: Governance and Policy
Located at the Central Office, Leichhardt
Permanent, Full Time
Commencement Date: 22 January 2019 (negotiable)
Closing Date: 20 January 2019
Sydney Catholic Schools (‘SCS’) is seeking a committed Catholic Governance professional who believes passionately in our vision and purpose –providing quality Catholic learning and teaching to the 70,000 students in our Sydney Archdiocesan schools.
At a time of changing educational landscape, new governance expectations in the NFP sector and increasing system growth, we have a unique opportunity for an innovative and strategically focused (Professional Officer: Governance and Policy) to contribute to a high capacity agile team that aligns the strategy of the organization and positions it for a strong and vibrant future.
Reporting to the Head: Governance and Policy, the Professional Officer:Governance and Policy will be responsible for documentation and presentations that underpin best-practice standards of governance across the Sydney Catholic Schools Officer and its 152 schools. This position includes the facilitation of draft policies and management of approved policies or guidelines, the development of engaging and interactive face-to-face and on-line presentations,as well as the key agendas that support the Strategic Plan: “New Horizons –Inspiring Spirits and Minds”.
Additional key aspects of the role are (but not limited to)
- Promoting the Sydney Catholic Schools Office vision and mission and contributing to the development of the Sydney Catholic School’s Office culture through the promotion of Christian Values.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, enabling effective happy teamwork and communication
- Supporting the Head of Governance to ensure that SCS meets its governance responsibilities through management of the Leadership Team and Principals.
- Drafting regular Executive Reports for key SCS stakeholders.
- Working with the Head of Governance and Policy to maintain transparent governance pathways into the Leadership Team of Directors and Archdiocesan Principals.
- Preparing annual Letters of Delegation for Directors and Principals.
- Preparing engaging and interactive units for the “Responsible Persons” Professional Development Program as required by NESA under the Education Act (NSW).
- Conducting customized annual internal Policy Implementation Audits where required
- Supporting the Head of Governance to capture research which reflects current legislation for system policies and guidelines
- Participating in appropriate professional seminars on Governance, Policy and Risk.
- Ensuring key system accountabilities that enable “best practice” organizational compliance to support the Head of Governance and Policy.
- Supporting “due diligence” for regular strategic reporting by all Directorates and to the Leadership Team
To be considered for the role, the successful candidate must demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and expertise
- A committed practicing Catholic
- Tertiary Qualification in Law, Education, Business,Political Science or any other relevant field/industry
- Exceptional interpersonal skills enabling effective happy teamwork and communication
- Proven successful experience in a governance/compliance Board support position
- Demonstrated track record as an innovator,self-starter, constant learner and collaborator
- A strong reputation for positive, quick and responsive customer service, problem-solving and for building strong relationships with all staff and external clients
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as adult learning presentation skills
- Ability to present engaging workshops and seminars on complex topics to a wide range of audiences and to communicate recommendations in a manner that stimulates action
- Thorough understanding of business principles,practices and relevant legislation and policies that underpin excellent governance in a large NFP.
- Ability to accurately analyze problems, promptly makes sound decisions, and adopt effective courses of action.
- Previous experience in a Corporate, Government or Non-for-Profit Governance or Policy role
Applicants must formalize their application by submitting a completed SCS application form, resume and a covering letter outlining their motivation and experience to qualify for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org
Celebrating Being Catholic in Australia
Ensuring Quality Teaching and Learning
Making a Difference in our World