The Executive Director of Catholic Schools is seeking applications from experienced educators who are excited at the possibility of working beyond the boundaries of any one school. The successful applicant will be passionate about the Mission of Catholic Education and have the opportunity to make a positive impact through the empowerment of school leaders and staff to support the continuous improvement of schools which they serve.
Sydney Catholic Schools, Inner Western Region Office
Leader of Learning: Literacy (Primary)
Commencing 29 January 2019
Closing Date: 28 November 2018
The role is significant in contributing to the continuous improvement of our Catholic Schools through building the capacity of teachers to deliver quality learning and teaching in the classroom within the context of the Australian Standards for Teachers. The Regional Leader of Learning Literacy is called to support the three leadership functions: leadership, teaching, wellbeing and pastoral care and will bring a specific expertise. The Regional Leader of Learning-Literacy works in partnership with the schools and will at times be called upon to be coach, mentor and facilitator, or provide the specialist curriculum expertise in accordance with the discerned needs of the school community. The role will involve working in partnership with the Inner Western Region Consultants, Cluster Coaches, and other Leaders of Learning K-12, ensuring systematic and aligned literacy practices in the Inner Western Region primary schools.
The role requires a flexible, adaptable leader who has the capacity to work in a variety of ways to deliver with the school leadership team, sustainable improvements in student outcomes.
We anticipate that people interested in this role will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Accreditation in accordance with Accreditation to Work, Teach and Lead in systemic Catholic schools in the Archdiocese of Sydney
- Support the mission and ethos of the Catholic School
- High levels of effectiveness as a classroom practitioner and experience in a middle leader or equivalent role within education
- Evidence against the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers of performance at the Lead Teacher level
- Evidence of working with staff in accordance with adult learning principles.
- Demonstrated capacity to select and support appropriate school improvement processes based on data analysis
- Effectively and strategically implement significant and sustainable school improvement and quality teaching through influence, innovation and change
- Model self-motivated, life-long learning and the ability to seek feedback and reflect on personal effectiveness
- An understanding and skills in EAL/D Pedagogy and its place within quality Literacy teaching.
- Ability to mentor and coach teachers and leaders within a performance growth culture.
Job Description: Click Here
WORKING WITH CHILDREN CLEARANCE
This role is classified as a child related work and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us.
Celebrating Being Catholic in Australia
Ensuring Quality Teaching and Learning
Making a Difference in our World