Head of Saint Yon Trade Training Centre (TTC) for 2019 only _ Maternity Leave
LaSalle Catholic College, BANKSTOWN, NSW
CLOSING DATE: 9.00am 26th November 2018
STARTING DATE: 30th January 2019
The Head of Saint Yon Trade Training Centre (TTC) will provide leadership in all matters pertaining to the operation of the Trade Training Centre, including, but not limited to Program and policy development; assessment, moderation and reporting; program support; teacher induction and support; planning, provision, supervision and maintenance of the centre’s plant and operation and industry liaison.
You will be responsible to the Principal for the leadership of the College’s Saint Yon Trade Training Centre, and for the delivery of Vocational Education and Training at the College.
For 2019 the Trade Centre will be delivering courses in Automotive, Electrotechnology, Construction and Plumbing. There are a number of classes for each course running during the morning and afternoon sessions, five days a week – working hours will be negotiated.
The Head of TTC is expected to manage students from LaSalle as well as students from feeder colleges in their VET pathways.
- Managing the VET pattern of study of students who are completing School Based Apprenticeships and Traineeships (SBAT), ATAR or non ATAR pathways.
- Formal tertiary qualifications in Education.
- A range of relevant professional experiences over at least five years, including a strong background in vocational education.
- Experience leading a team.
- Proven effectiveness as a leader and supervisor in a complex administrative environment, including the capacity to develop effective office systems and the ability to manage simultaneously a range of issues.
- Demonstrated ability to promote collaborative effort among staff and a willingness to involve them in planning processes.
- Proven abilities in delegation, motivation, consultation, staff development and other personal/professional qualities and skills required for effective leadership in a Catholic community.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a passion for developing relationships with key stakeholders.
Please include three referees (one being from your current employer). A detailed role description is available upon request.
Applicants should be committed to the Catholic Mission of the College. Applicants who are not registered with the Sydney Catholic Schools Office, Leichhardt are asked to go online and go to the ‘Application for Registration to teach in Sydney Catholic Schools’ before applying.
Please email your application to: email@example.com