The Executive Director of Sydney Catholic Schools invites applications for the role of Family Educator based in the following Catholic Primary Schools, commencing Term 1, 2019.
Location: Various school locations
Commencement Date: 29 January 2019
Capacity: 38 hours per fortnight (0.5 FTE)
INNER WEST REGION
- Holy Spirit Catholic Primary School, NORTH RYDE (re-advertised) – closing date 21 November 2018
- St Paul of the Cross Catholic Primary School, Dulwich Hill – closing date 30 November 2018
- St Patrick’s Catholic Primary School, KOGARAH – closing date 21 November 2018
- St Raphael’s Catholic Primary School, SOUTH HURSTVILLE – closing date 21 November 2018
- St Michael’s Catholic Primary School, LANE COVE (re-advertised) – closing date 21 November 2018
- St Thomas More Catholic Primary School, BRIGHTON-LE-SANDS (re-advertised) – closing date 21 November 2018
- Holy Family Catholic Primary School, MENAI – closing date 21 November 2018
- St Christopher’s Catholic Primary School, HOLSWORTHY – closing date 28 November 2018
Sydney Catholic Schools is responsible for the leadership, efficient operation and management of the systemic schools which educate around 71,000 students in 152 parish primary and regional secondary schools in the Archdiocese of Sydney.
We are currently seeking a number of Family Educators to join Sydney Catholic Schools across the Sydney. This pivotal role is part of the Family Educator Project and works closely with the Team Leader: Family Educator.
This position is responsible for building and maintaining welcoming school environments whilst ensuring sound, respectful relationships exist between school, parents/families and the parish. The myriad of quality initiatives, events and activities created and implemented by the Family Educator contribute to vibrant faith communities within our system of Catholic schools.
The Family Educator will primarily work in partnership with a range of stakeholders: the principal, parents, the parish priest and parish staff, the Religious Education Coordinator and a range of Church agencies and organisations.
As a significant contributor to the religious leadership of the school within the Catholic school system, the Family Educator is required to be adaptable, creative and able to customise their work to meet the specific needs of the community.
- Strong and active commitment to the practice of the Catholic Faith
- Experience in parish ministry, such as but not limited to Sacramental Program, Family/Children’s Liturgy, Baptismal Group, Prayer Groups, etc
- Ability to articulate an understanding of the evangelising and catechising mission of the Catholic Church.
- Ability to present church doctrine and scripture in the appropriate context of time, place and culture.
- Competency and creativity in initiating, organising and facilitating a range of opportunities and forums to connect/re-connect and engage parents and families with the religious life of the school and parish.
- Highly developed interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Highly developed time management and organisational skills.
- Commitment to participate in and contribute to a formation program facilitated by the Sydney Catholic Schools Office.
- Demonstrates a strategic outlook and understands the school within the broader educational, ecclesial and communal context.
- Exercises refined project management skills to deliver agreed initiatives in a timely and effective manner
Potential applicants should register their interest by completing the Sydney Catholic Schools Application Form and email together with a resume and cover letter addressing the criteria including your preference of school location to email@example.com
WORKING WITH CHILDREN CLEARANCE
This role is classified as child related work and therefore SCS requires you to hold a working with children clearance to be completed upon acceptance of this position.
Celebrating Being Catholic in Australia
Ensuring Quality Teaching and Learning
Making a Difference in our World