The Executive Director of Catholic Schools invites applications for the following position:
- Competitive salary, including NFP salary packaging and super
- Office located in Leichhardt
- Full-time role, Immediate commencement
- Closing date: 26 October 2018
Sydney Catholic Schools (SCS) is responsible for the leadership of 152 Catholic primary and secondary schools across the Archdiocese of Sydney, which educates over 70,000 students.
The position is a dual role split between Financial Compliance for SCS (70%) and Commercial Accounting for Sydney Catholic Early Childhood Services (SCECS) (30%).
Financial Compliance for SCS encompasses all compliance to external government and regulatory bodies for financial related information.
Commercial Accounting for SCECS role is responsible for providing support to management in the areas of strategy, budgeting, forecasting, and commercial performance and operational information.
The role will work closely with other senior leaders across the various business divisions to support the achievement company’s financial objectives, managing all aspects of the accounting and other administration functions.
This position will also provide advice to other members of the Finance Team and the Schools on relevant financial information where the need arises.
The successful candidate will have:
- Formal Qualifications in Accounting, Business and/or Management
- CPA/CA qualification
- 10+ Years post graduate financial experience in large volume driven organisation
- Previous experience in preparation of annual financial reporting especially compliance with IFRS reporting
- Previous experience in preparing BAS and FBT returns
- Previous experience in report writing and presentation skills
- Previous experience in large ERP systems (Technology 1, SAP, Oracle)
- Previous experience in preparation of financial modelling
- Experience in not for profit
- Experience in financial/commercial experience in a growth/start up organisation
Applicants must formalise their application by submitting a completed SCS Application Form, resume and a covering letter addressing the selection criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org
WORKING WITH CHILDREN CLEARANCE
This role is classified as a child related work and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us.
Celebrating Being Catholic in Australia
Ensuring Quality Teaching and Learning
Making a Difference in our World