The Executive Director of Catholic Schools invites internal and external applications for the following position:
A Catholic systemic secondary school for boys in Years 7-12 (currently 984 students), Marcellin College Randwick is a vibrant learning community that prides itself on the young men it graduates. As a Catholic school in the Marist tradition, staff are expected to demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to Catholic faith values, and to set an example for the students at the College. Marcellin College is a dynamic, vibrant workplace where staff are highly valued and respected for the gifts and talents they bring to the College community. Staff are offered many opportunities for professional learning and career development and are well supported when undertaking new learning experiences and acquiring new skills.
Marcellin College, Randwick
Commencement Date: 3 December 2018
Closing Date: 26 October 2018
As a member of the College Executive, the Business Manager shares responsibility for leadership of the school’s vision, mission and strategic priorities and contributes to the life and management of the school. The ideal applicant has extensive senior leadership experience and a strong financial and business background. The role of Business Manager exists to support the delivery of quality learning and teaching within a Catholic school context through effective financial and business management.
The Business Manager is delegated responsibility by the Principal for the leadership of the College’s financial and administrative functions, and for the delivery of financial administration at the College.
The position will commence during 3 December 2018, and an attractive package will be offered to the successful applicant in line with the Business Manager’s Salary scale from Sydney Catholic Schools. This is a senior position with 4 weeks annual leave.
The successful applicant will have:
- The ability to be able to demonstrate support for the Catholic ethos.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organise and manage maintenance, building and renovation projects to budget and of high quality.
- A commitment to ongoing professional development and willingness to participate in personal and spiritual formation.
- Knowledge of, and experience in, day to day accounting procedures, financial management and strategic development in an educational setting including: accounts payable and receivable, banking procedures and reconciliation, preparation and presentation of monthly reports, asset management, risk management, budget preparation and management, and financial statements. Critical to the role is the ability to put in place debt recovery strategies that respect the dignity of families.
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills in order to relate to a variety of audiences.
- Demonstrated high order leadership skills, with the ability to build an effective team to achieve the organisation’s goals.
- Demonstrated high order organisational, planning, and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective relationships with key suppliers and contractors.
- Ability and experience to oversee Work Health & Safety (WHS) legislative requirements. Have a proven ability to work in a collaborative environment as a member of an executive team and to manage a cohesive support team.
- Possess a high work ethic and committed to excellence.
- Degree Qualifications in Accounting and/or Administration would be desirable (CA/ CPA membership desirable).
WORKING WITH CHILDREN CLEARANCE
This role is classified as a child related work and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us.
Applicants MUST include the following information as part of their application:
- A letter introducing yourself and an outline of the reasons for your interest in the position (1x A4 page maximum).
- Curriculum Vitae outlining qualifications and experience.
- A statement addressing each of the Essential Criteria for the position as outlined above (1-2 x A4 page).
- The names and contact details of 3 referees
For more information regarding this position please contact the Principal at email@example.com
Please submit applications to Mr Mark Woolford College Principal (Interim) by Friday 26 October at 3:00pm