Catholic schools are established by the Church to support parents with their responsibility for the faith formation of their children. To this end, the Executive Director of Sydney Catholic Schools invites applications for the following leadership position:
Our Lady of the Assumption Catholic Primary School, North Strathfield -K-6 | 285 (in 2019)
Commencement Date: 29 January 2019
Closing Date: 26 October 2018
Maternity Leave Cover – 12 month
As a member of the school leadership team, the Religious Education Coordinator shares responsibility for the development of the Catholic life of the school, leadership of its vision, mission and strategic priorities and contribution to the management of the school. The Religious Education Coordinator has delegated responsibility for the coordination and supervision of teaching and learning in Religious Education. This position requires an outstanding educator with a well-developed capacity to take forward the evangelising mission of Catholic schools in the Archdiocese of Sydney.
OLA Catholic Primary School opened in 2015, and is an establishing Catholic systemic primary school catering for children Kindergarten to Year 6 in 2019. The school is situated within the Inner Western Region of the Archdiocese of Sydney. OLA Catholic Primary School is aligned with the parish of Our Lady of the Assumption, Homebush, located in Underwood Road.
The successful candidate for this position will be a highly effective Catholic leader who
- has completed or has evidence of study toward a Graduate Diploma or Master of Religious Education/Theology
- has Category E Accreditation in accordance with To Work, Teach and Lead in systemic Catholic schools Archdiocese of Sydney Accreditation
- demonstrates the standard descriptors at Lead Teacher Level in accordance with the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers
- is a committed Catholic who understands the evangelising mission of the Catholic school
- is a leader of Catholic identity and mission at a school and system level
- is committed to working closely with the Priests and the parish community
- can lead liturgical planning and celebration
- is able to lead Religious Education in all aspects of curriculum development and implementation
- is a strong, contemporary leader of learning with the capacity to lead change and demonstrate contemporary pedagogy with a focus on improving student learning
- is a person who can effectively communicate with a variety of stakeholders and build relationships
- can analyse and use data for future planning and to inform learning
- has an understanding of and ability to differentiate curriculum
- has the ability to work collaboratively across all stages
- is adaptable in working within a ‘shared leadership’ model.
WORKING WITH CHILDREN CLEARANCE
This role is classified as a child related work and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us.
Celebrating Being Catholic in Australia
Ensuring Quality Teaching and Learning
Making a Difference in our World