The Executive Director of Catholic Schools invites applications for the following position:
ICT Support Officers (Primary Schools)
- Full-time positions
- Roles available across multiple regions (Central, Inner West, Eastern & Southern suburbs)
- Multiple positions available, primary school environment
- Closing date: 26 October 2018
Sydney Catholic Schools (SCS) is responsible for the leadership of 152 Catholic primary and secondary schools across the Archdiocese of Sydney, which educates over 70,000 students.
We are currently seeking experienced School ICT Support Officers to provide technical IT support to our school’s staff. We cover multiple regions in the Diocese of Sydney including the central, southern, inner west and eastern suburbs.
Reporting to the ICT Regional Service and Support Officers, your role will be to provide support to a designated cluster of schools (within the Southern suburbs of Sydney) and act as the first point of contact for schools.
Some of the role responsibilities will include:
- Respond to jobs to resolve network and systems issues;
- Participate in the deployment of various ICT projects, driven by each school’s strategic plan;
- Contribute in the assessment of schools network and the production of reports/recommendations;
- Audit and maintain the schools’ entire network, systems and document work in electronic format.
- Post secondary qualifications in IT
- Previous experience as IT Systems Integration Technician or Microsoft Server Administration;
- Microsoft Certified Professional or Hardware Vendor(s) maintenance Certificate or CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate)
- Strong verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in accurately identifying and classifying symptoms and possible causes of problems to ensure appropriate assignment to specialist areas.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems, network admin / logging scripts / connectivity / network security / auditing / scoping / asset management/ document writing / high level technical reporting / virtual LAN set-up and management / wireless networking / hardware troubleshooting
- Knowledge of core server applications, back-up systems, redundancy systems installation and maintenance
- Proficiency across all aspects of OSI layers
- Understand of ITIL v3 Foundation
- Driver licence and access to vehicle
- Previous experience working in an Education environment
- Knowledge of the Catholic School system and faith
Applicants must formalise their application by submitting a completed SCS Application Form, resume and a covering letter addressing the selection criteria to email@example.com
NOTE: Please indicate which region you are most interested to apply.
WORKING WITH CHILDREN CLEARANCE
This role is classified as a child related work and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us.
Celebrating Being Catholic in Australia
Ensuring Quality Teaching and Learning
Making a Difference in our World