- Competitive salary, including NFP salary packaging and super
- Office located in Leichhardt
- Commencement Date: Beginning of Term 1, January 2019
As a senior leader in a Catholic School System, the Leader of Learning: Youth Ministry is co-responsible with the consultant and school leadership teams, to support the evangelising mission of the Church and to promote the distinctive identity of Catholic schools.
The Leader of Learning: Youth Ministry will be called upon to be a coach, mentor, facilitator and youth ministry specialist, in accordance with the discerned needs of the school community. Accordingly, the role requires a leader who is adaptable, one who is able to customise their work to meet the needs of a particular community.
The Leader of Learning: Youth Ministry will help nurture a culture of effective, distributive and sustainable Religious Leadership in schools and across the system of schools.
The successful candidate will have:
- Category E Accreditation in accordance with To Work, Teach and Lead in systemic Catholic schools Archdiocese of Sydney
- Accreditation at Lead Teacher Level in accordance with the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers
- Tertiary qualifications that include post graduate studies in Religious Education/Theology
- Demonstrated effectiveness as a teacher of Religious Education within a Catholic School
- Experience in working in Catholic Youth Ministry in a school and/or parish setting
- Experience in a leadership position within a Catholic School, e.g. Youth Ministry Coordinator or Religious Education Coordinator
- Evidence of performance at the Lead Teacher level of the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers
- Engagement in and contribution to the life and mission of the Catholic Church with evidence of regular practice in a worshiping faith community
- Evidence of working with staff in accordance with adult learning principles
- Evidence of working effectively to achieve sustained change and innovation within an area of responsibility
- Studies in Catholic Youth Ministry
WORKING WITH CHILDREN CLEARANCE
This role is classified as a child related work and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us.
Celebrating Being Catholic in Australia
Ensuring Quality Teaching and Learning
Making a Difference in our World
Closing date: 26 October 2018