The Executive Director of Catholic Schools invites internal and external applications for the following position:
Professional Assistant – Staffing & Census
Location: Sydney Catholic Schools Central Regional Office, Leichhardt
Commencement Date: Immediate Commencement
Closing Date: 26 October 2018
We are seeking an experienced and committed professional assistant to join our System Stewardship team.
Reporting to the Professional Officer; Staffing, Census & Visas as a professional assistant, you will play an integral role that encompasses a variety of data management, financial and administrative tasks that are critical to the operation of our system of 152 schools.
You will be working closely with senior staff, regional office staff, school leaders and staff to support and advise on critical processes including schools’ census and staffing processes together with advice on the eligibility for enrolment of students who hold a visa.
THE ROLE WILL REQUIRE:
- A problem solver with a ‘can-do’ attitude and the ability to work autonomously to meet set timeframes
- High level organisational skills with ability to prioritise tasks
- A willingness to learn a range of complex administrative processes
- High level confidentiality
- A positive attitude and spirit of service in working with a range of stakeholders
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum Certificate IV in Business Studies, or equivalent
- Proven experience in a high level financial/administrative role (minimum 5 years is desirable)
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft applications, particularly Excel & Word
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Strong IT skills with experience in a data management role
- High level data entry/typing skills
An understanding of the Catholic Education system and ethos
Applicants must formalise their application by submitting a completed SCS Application Form (see attached), resume and a covering letter outlining their motivation and experience to qualify for the position to email@example.com
WORKING WITH CHILDREN CLEARANCE
This role is classified as a child related work and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us.
Celebrating Being Catholic in Australia
Ensuring Quality Teaching and Learning
Making a Difference in our World