Sydney Catholic Schools is responsible for the leadership, efficient operation and management of the systemic schools which educate around 71,000 students in 152 parish primary and regional secondary schools in the Archdiocese of Sydney.
ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL | 7-12 | POPULATION 835
MARIST COLLEGE NORTH SHORE
Commencement Date: JANUARY 2019
Closing Date: Friday, 19 October 2018
Marist College North Shore is a systemic Catholic high school that is currently transitioning to a K – 12 school for boys and girls. It will welcome its first coeducational enrolment for Year 7 in 2021. The College provides a comprehensive, high-quality 21st century education within a nurturing, inclusive community. Commencing in 1888 and celebrating its Marist Charism, the College is founded on enduring Catholic values, preparing students for an adult life of responsibility and commitment.
The Assistant Principal is an integral part of the school leadership team and supports the Principal in modelling faith in action and in delivering strategic school goals through day-to-day mentoring and support of school staff and students.
To be considered for this role, you must demonstrate proven experience in:
- Developing and maintaining effective strategies for high quality induction, professional learning and performance review and monitoring
- Creating a Catholic learning culture of shared responsibility focused on quality teaching and quality learning for all students
- Strategic thinking in managing and leading change and improvement within the school and its community
- Creating a culture of inclusion and hospitality by initiating relevant opportunities to engage with parents, caregivers and Church to build and maintain effective partnerships
You will also possess the following qualifications:
- Post graduate study in Leadership
- Accreditation for Senior Leadership in a Catholic School (Category E), Accreditation to Work, Teach and Lead in systemic Catholic schools Archdiocese of Sydney
Applicants are required to fill out the Assistant Principal Application Package along with related documents and return it via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
WORKING WITH CHILDREN CLEARANCE
This role is classified as a child related work and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us.
Celebrating Being Catholic in Australia
Ensuring Quality Teaching and Learning
Making a Difference in our World