Sydney Catholic Schools is responsible for the leadership, efficient operation and management of the systemic schools which educate around 71,000 students in 152 parish primary and regional secondary schools in the Archdiocese of Sydney.
ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL | K-6 | 191 Students
St Margaret Mary’s Catholic Primary School Randwick North
Commencement Date: January 2019
Closing Date: 19 October 2018
St Margaret Mary’s is a systemic Catholic school located in Randwick North, close to Centennial Park and Queens Park. The school motto ‘Justice and Love’ permeates the life of the school. St Margaret Mary’s is a one stream co-educational school catering for students in Kindergarten to Year 6. St Margaret Mary’s is a vibrant and welcoming community that enjoys a strong reputation in the local area. The school works hard to provide a well-balanced and effective pedagogy for the students. Built on the strong foundation of happy, nurturing relationships, St Margaret Mary’s is ‘not just a school, we are a family.’
The Assistant Principal is an integral member of the school’s leadership team and supports the Principal in modelling faith action and in delivering strategic school goals through leading learning and day-to-day mentoring/management of school staff, communications, processes, systems, safety and security and well-being of students.
To be considered for this role, you must demonstrate proven experience in:
- Developing and maintaining effective strategies for high quality induction, professional learning and performance review and monitoring
- Creating a Catholic learning culture of shared responsibility focused on quality teaching and quality learning for all students
- Strategic thinking in managing and leading change and improvement within the school and its community
- Creating a culture of inclusion and hospitality by initiating relevant opportunities to engage with parents, care-givers and Church to build and maintain effective partnerships
You will also possess the following qualifications:
- Post graduate study in Leadership
- Accreditation for Senior Leadership in a Catholic School (Category E), Accreditation to Work, Teach and Lead in systemic Catholic schools Archdiocese of Sydney
Applicants are required to fill out the Assistant Principal Application Package along with related documents and return it via email to email@example.com
WORKING WITH CHILDREN CLEARANCE
This role is classified as a child related work and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us.
Celebrating Being Catholic in Australia
Ensuring Quality Teaching and Learning
Making a Difference in our World