Sydney Catholic Schools is responsible for the leadership, efficient operation and management of the systemic schools which educate around 71,000 students in 152 parish primary and regional secondary schools in the Archdiocese of Sydney.
RELIGIOUS EDUCATION COORDINATOR | K-6 | 837 Students
John the Baptist Primary School, Bonnyrigg
Commencement Date: January 2019
Closing Date: 19 October 2018
Our school motto is “Together we proclaim Jesus”. Our community recognises the presence of Christ in each person and its implication as we interact with each other. We seek to bring to each child a knowledge of Jesus and His teachings, endeavouring to assist each individual to love Him and follow Him.
As a member of the school leadership team, the Religious Education Coordinator shares responsibility for the development of the Catholic life of the school, leadership of its vision, mission and strategic priorities and contribution to the management of the school. The Religious Education Coordinator has delegated responsibility for the coordination and supervision of teaching and learning in Religious Education with a well-developed capacity to take forward the evangelising mission of Catholic schools in the Archdiocese of Sydney.
To be considered for this role, you must demonstrate proven experience in:
- Creating a faith community that brings the Gospel and teachings of the Catholic Church to all the students, families and staff
- Creating a contemporary, student-centred learning culture
- Initiating and leading change and improvement to enhance learning for all students, especially in Religious Education
- Strategic outlook and understands the school within the broader educational, ecclesial and communal context
- Developing collaborative partnerships to support student and staff faith journey, learning and well-being, especially in the context of evangelization.
You will also possess the following qualifications:
- Category E Accreditation in accordance with To Work, Teach and Lead in systemic Catholic schools Archdiocese of Sydney Accreditation OR ability to demonstrate the standard descriptors at Lead Teacher Level in accordance with the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers.
- Tertiary qualifications (Essential): For a substantive appointment (Level 1 REC) Graduate Diploma or Masters in Religious Education/Theology (or equivalent as approved by the Director of Religious Education and Evangelisation. A non-substantive appointment (Level 2 REC) a Bachelor Degree with a specialist sequence in Religious Education / Theology and / or a Graduate Certificate in Religious Education / Theology and a willingness to complete the study to attain Level 1 REC status.
- Post graduate units of study in Leadership (advantageous)
WORKING WITH CHILDREN CLEARANCE
This role is classified as a child related work and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us.
Celebrating Being Catholic in Australia
Ensuring Quality Teaching and Learning
Making a Difference in our World